Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it really necessary to change stock internals, if its a low mileage motor, and i want to keep it in the 6 to 8 psi range? what sort of mods would i be looking at that would be completely necessary? and if i should change stock internals, what would i be looking at?

· Registered
ej8
8,323 Posts
You would be looking at searching.
Sorry but been covered a million times.
Check showcase thread.

And next time asnwer these question before post n your get better help.

What is your hp goal?
Whats your budget?
Whats your skill level, can you fab stuff?

· Registered
10,091 Posts
PSI ISNT POWER!!!!!! plenty of turbo how-tos to not screw that up!!!

torque breaks shit, and on our small motors in stock parts form, 200-220whp is when we start to make destructive power on our motors

a healthy d15b7 will motor along perfectly satisfied with a well tuned 160-180whp for reliability

a small turbo of any flavor from a factory car that made 150-200hp from the factory will work just fine and dandy from you.

search them shits son!

d15b7 is a pain in the butt to source rods for without spending a chunk of money.

I have a lot of love for the 1.5 liters, but unless you can grab a japanese d15b crank and some aftermarket d16 rods, you might have to swap in a 1.6 to gain that large piston and rod market

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.