Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going ot be turboing my d15b7 with 124xxx miles right after the new year. A compression test is going to be performed friday to see if she is healthy and then i will be getting part localy.

Im getting this for $250
Emusa t4/t4 60 trim
bosch green top 440 injectors
wilbro 255 fuel pump
front mount
emusa waste gate and blow of valve

I know emusa is ebay but i havent read anything bad and the person i am getting it from is a good friend and i know he likes them price to performes wise this was his spare parts for a build he gave up on. what do you think guys?

oo and the block will be stock and idk what i am going to do to the head etheir reground the stock cam or bisimoto turbo cam or what you guys have to say if its better.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well, what do you plan HP wise? Anything over 200hp on a stock bottom will say GOOD-BYE. If you do plan for over 200hp, build the bottom and keep the head stock with arp head studs, a camshaft, and a gear.. Or anything else you wanna do..

·
Registered
765 Posts
Keep it all stock and definitely stay under 200 or even keep it under 180 HP. Tuning will also be a vital component to the build!! Good luck and have fun with it!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i was looking for 180 range im more into the fact that every one in the Ma car seen is all about swaps and there is only one single cam turbo around. but my car is coming around it looks nothing like in the avatar i should post my build thread that on my car clubs forum.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Make sure there is no play in the turbo or you will need to rebuild it. I would try to find if anyone else has used the turbo to and see there experiance with the turbo. Also make sure you got the size of the turbo right so you know that it will spool properly and not late in the RPM range. Ebay turbo's are hit and miss to so be prepaired for it to blow.

Good luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well I have a z6 at 238whp i am trying to find my graph but, I have had it this this way for 8 months its bone stock with arps and a failPRO hg, Ebay is a real hit and miss mine is on an unknown ebay turbo lol i haven't cared enuff to worry lol, but have someone tune it that knows about the art of the sohc and i leared the hard way get colder plugs or buy a new head gasket!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Once you turbo the car, you will feel like boosting it more :) I would suggest you work on the block right now so that you dont have to open it again. If the turbo blows, hell you can buy another one. You say your car has already run over 125k, I would suggest changing the pistons and rods before you boost it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well what would you suggest on rods and pistions fj distributors only has d15b rods but from what I have read u use a d15b crank in a b7 and it work. My second idea is build a z6 buy one cheap off craigslist and overhall it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts