Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys new here never really owned a honda just sold my cobalt ss sc and got a little daily 95 coupe looking to just go for looks but thought it would be cool to buy a cheap turbo kit from ebay. anybody help? need to know exactly what i need all the kits i see on ebay they name different things some have intercoolers some dont etc etc thanks!!!

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
if you need to know what you need, than you dont need to turbo it until you do. were basically scientest around here. we research our stuff, compare parts to other parts, improve things that we can improve, and so on.

D15/D16 D-SERIES STAINLESS MANIFOLD T3/T4.63 TURBO CHARGER KIT+INTERCOOLER 11PCS | eBay

the only thing this kits missing is the fuel pump and injectors, but no kit you find on ebay is going to come with that. and your also going to have to tune it so you dont blow your engine.

my advice to you, honestly, is to just start off with the basic cold air intake, header, and exhaust. if your going for looks than that will get you some, and a nice little pump in power.

DONT buy a turbo kit just to be cool, buy it becuase you want power. otherwise, your just waisting your money.

·
Registered
40 Posts
doesnt really matter i sold my cobalt ss sc and bought couple hondas and just wanna drop some money into them not used to rolling on a stock car you kno? ive always had faster cars and my bro has a s2k boosted but he is out of town was just asking for some help but yeah i decied to just buy new wheels and gonna paint it or something. just need to waste my extra money before i keep wasting it on stupid shit

thats the kit i was looking on gettin and how you said i need injectors and all theres people saying i dont and some that i do. thats what confused me i dont really car if the kit only gives me 20 hp as long as i have it like i said aint going for performance just looks on the eg i got it at only 500 bucks why would i wanna go all out. i know somewhat about them ive owned swapped hatch's but never boosted one. just worked with cars that are already boosted like my old srt4 or cobalt ss

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts
heh heh... "No instructions included" and no shipping insurance offered. Awesome. Buyer beware and good luck if you go for it! :clover:

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
You could always give me money and ill sit in your car and when you shift ill go pssssss.

but really you need to start reading and learning. To be honest you sound like a 16 year old fast and the furious rich kid. Just my opinion.

So turbo it because you understand how it works and what it does, and want more power then what you got now.

If you still dont want to go that route then blow some money on a Greddy or Edelbrock bolt on turbo kit. $2000-$4000 New with instructions.

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
doesnt really matter i sold my cobalt ss sc and bought couple hondas and just wanna drop some money into them not used to rolling on a stock car you kno? ive always had faster cars and my bro has a s2k boosted but he is out of town was just asking for some help but yeah i decied to just buy new wheels and gonna paint it or something. just need to waste my extra money before i keep wasting it on stupid shit
thats the kit i was looking on gettin and how you said i need injectors and all theres people saying i dont and some that i do. thats what confused me i dont really car if the kit only gives me 20 hp as long as i have it like i said aint going for performance just looks on the eg i got it at only 500 bucks why would i wanna go all out. i know somewhat about them ive owned swapped hatch's but never boosted one. just worked with cars that are already boosted like my old srt4 or cobalt ss
id like to see someone boost a n/a car and not need new injectors and fuel pump.

i bought my civic out of a salvage yard for $500 with a smashed front end, and no rear doors. and im going all out. for the 3rd time.

day one

couple months in to it

after tornado threw a 22" rim threw the rear door

present day

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
If you are just going for looks you could always grab an interfooler.

And then throw some 22" spinners on it and then put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive.

Seriously a turbo for looks ... what the hell are you smoking ... and can I have some. I guess it's your money but if it were mine and I just wanted the car to look good ... I can think of better ways to blow it.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Your wanting a turbo kit for looks, I want one for power. Your the ricer, "bro"
Dont fight with the noob you know he wont last later long here any ways.
and on your car its not my taste but i also bet your not running around reving at everything out there in trying to race turboed cars in your semi stock 4dr. so all is good. to each his own.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,099 Posts
This thread makes me lulz

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
that sedan for 500 bucks what a rip off lmao and you left it all riced out bro fak
Oh the sweet irony:

lol well yeah why drop a fuking expensive turbo kit or expensive wheels when this car just cost me 500 bucks man all of "you just like to talk mad shit thats how all honda owners are i swear" thats why i sold my hatch bak in the day kept gettin it vandalized fuk this stupid forum im out thanks for all the help pieces of shit

Search fo the term "tact" or "social responsibility" and get back to us. :TU:

Now close this thread too, OP can't handle the truth.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
that sedan for 500 bucks what a rip off lmao and you left it all riced out bro fak
Seems like a fair price to me, there's at least that much in parts just kinda sitting there, especially if the engine is running. And style is subjective ... I may not think that it looks good but it's also not my car to each their own as far as that goes.

BUT ... putting performance parts on a car to not get performance ... now that's just plain dumb. That's kind of like getting a girl back to your place and then beating off instead.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
if you need to know what you need, than you dont need to turbo it until you do. were basically scientest around here. we research our stuff, compare parts to other parts, improve things that we can improve, and so on.

D15/D16 D-SERIES STAINLESS MANIFOLD T3/T4.63 TURBO CHARGER KIT+INTERCOOLER 11PCS | eBay

the only thing this kits missing is the fuel pump and injectors, but no kit you find on ebay is going to come with that. and your also going to have to tune it so you dont blow your engine.

my advice to you, honestly, is to just start off with the basic cold air intake, header, and exhaust. if your going for looks than that will get you some, and a nice little pump in power.

DONT buy a turbo kit just to be cool, buy it becuase you want power. otherwise, your just waisting your money.
Don't buy any kit off of eBay. All those kits are garbage. What needs to be said is, "don't buy this kit!" eBay kits will get you a few things you need. Inter cooler and piping, possibly a decent oil line kit, but the rest is garbage. I'm not saying you have to be a name brand whore, but you need to buy things that are going to last longer than your first oil change. That turbo mani cracks non stop even after getting welded. Wastegate and BOV are unreliable. That turbo won't last long before it starts pumping oil thru your intercooler. Be picky about the parts you buy. If you can get name brand at used prices, do it. I see no problems in learning as you build it. No one ever got it right the first time. Do a little research as suggested. But please for the love of Jesus... Do not for any reason waste money on a kit. Unless name brand and it cost around $3000 or more new. Those are the "kits" you want to spend money on. A lot of times you can piece a kit together cheaper than just one name brand kit. Get all the parts you like and want. If you are experimenting on turbo stuff. Start with a $100 cast eBay manifold, xspower t3 $300 turbo, definite name brand wastegate. And piece the rest together. Go big on the fuel and ecu. Some knock offs work fine. I ran the xspower for 5 years. I ended up running 13PSI on race gas. I did a lot of dumb things with mine. Stock up on a few motors. Give it a go. Don't let anyone tell you what to do to your car. This is advice only.

Oh yea, I went AFI topmount on my new setup... Because that's the most baller shit you can do... Oh yea... And the long equal length runners help it make more power on the top end. So, you can do it to be cool and make power, if you want to spend the money. Can we build it? "yes we can!" Bob the builder.

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts
A turbo for looks is like smoking crack for the flavor.

Get another engine to build up while you drive your current car; nobody likes taking the bus while they're building their engine. Well, I didn't. It sucked.

From other posts it sounds like ebay turbos/kits are hit-or-miss; some folks have been lucky while others have not. My buddy bought some no-name turbo off ebay and it lasted exactly down his road and back; the o-rings got shredded by some random piece of ?? and started puking oil out the exhaust. 2 miles, that's it.

Hindsight: It could have been something he didn't clean out while installing it, it could be junk o-rings... we dunno. Be careful, pay attention, research the hell outta whatever you're going to buy and pmake a plan for your build.

Good luck, boost is fun!

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
A turbo for looks is like smoking crack for the flavor.

Get another engine to build up while you drive your current car; nobody likes taking the bus while they're building their engine. Well, I didn't. It sucked.

From other posts it sounds like ebay turbos/kits are hit-or-miss; some folks have been lucky while others have not. My buddy bought some no-name turbo off ebay and it lasted exactly down his road and back; the o-rings got shredded by some random piece of ?? and started puking oil out the exhaust. 2 miles, that's it.

Hindsight: It could have been something he didn't clean out while installing it, it could be junk o-rings... we dunno. Be careful, pay attention, research the hell outta whatever you're going to buy and pmake a plan for your build.

Good luck, boost is fun!
Easy now! You know the name brand turbos are so much prettier than some knock off. Agreed on the researching of everything. Also it must be said to have a goal and a budget. So figure out how much money you can spend, then set a reasonable goal for yourself. And remember greatness isn't achieved over night. Rome wasn't built in a day. I think you know what I'm trying to say, but just in case. TAKE YOUR TIME, LEARN AS YOU GO, ASK QUESTIONS, DO NOT EXPECT TO BE SPOON FED. Good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the input guys just wen i have money i spent it quick not a saver lol. but yeah i was doing some research maybe going with a z6 head for now. and building my own kit as said above thanks for the info. so far i bought a intercooler and piping lets see what else i can find locally before i start going on the forums i guess ill make a build thread i got this car bone stock stripped was theft at a auction for 500 done alot of work to it but like i said ive never done turbos my self just bought them already build and i wanted to go ahead and throw myself at building this by myself i dont really have help out here as i work out of town most of the time and almost all my friends dont own boosted cars just my brother but his was bought built also

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
thanks for the input guys just wen i have money i spent it quick not a saver lol. but yeah i was doing some research maybe going with a z6 head for now. and building my own kit as said above thanks for the info. so far i bought a intercooler and piping lets see what else i can find locally before i start going on the forums i guess ill make a build thread i got this car bone stock stripped was theft at a auction for 500 done alot of work to it but like i said ive never done turbos my self just bought them already build and i wanted to go ahead and throw myself at building this by myself i dont really have help out here as i work out of town most of the time and almost all my friends dont own boosted cars just my brother but his was bought built also
Check out the showcase thread on this forum. It will give you some idea on what parts to buy and use. Ebay turbos are ok, just need caring because seals sucks and some arent balanced.

The ebay kit however is a no no. 98% of the time they are missing parts and need modding to the point where it would have been cheaper to do it yourself form the start. And welcome to the world of building. I always says build not brought. But seems like you done it the other way around. Its a diferent ball game now.

*fyi that link you posted is missing alot of ic pipes. the pipe needs to be cut for installed the bov and so much more wrong

1 - 20 of 64 Posts