Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am currently going to try and do a D15b7 turbo build. In the end game i am hoping to get about 350whp. I have no idea if this is even plausable. I talked to someone about building the block the I believe vitara pistons and eagle rods, boring the motor out a bit, and replacing all the head parts. I don't know if anyone has any info or suggestions for me. i know i will need at least 450cc injectors to start with. I am planning on starting off with a ebay turbo kit and I wanna do the skunk2 MegaPower RR exhaust. Any information would be a whole lot of help on which possible direction i should take and/or if my ideas are even obtainable. thanks.

10485610_10204030809872518_1964729450_n.jpg

10521244_10204089637143163_1444869365_o.jpg

·
Registered
680 Posts
Look into engine management. It is where a large chunk of your money will go.

Also its a little harder finding internals that fit well into the d15b7.

Look up zeal autowerkz d series compresion calculator and make sure you know exactly what each of the inputs means

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Hello everyone. I am currently going to try and do a D15b7 turbo build. In the end game i am hoping to get about 350whp. I have no idea if this is even plausable. I talked to someone about building the block the I believe vitara pistons and eagle rods, boring the motor out a bit, and replacing all the head parts. I don't know if anyone has any info or suggestions for me. i know i will need at least 450cc injectors to start with. I am planning on starting off with a ebay turbo kit and I wanna do the skunk2 MegaPower RR exhaust. Any information would be a whole lot of help on which possible direction i should take and/or if my ideas are even obtainable. thanks.

View attachment 69577

View attachment 69585
the world is now yours-

D-series.org - Search Forums

If I can do it you can to (which I am currently doing as I feel like spoonfeeding)

Take a look at this thread

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/161557-smokins-project-thread.html

http://www.d-series.org/forums/archived-technical-info-posts/13661-d15beast7-lives-again.html

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I usually recommend your first build goes as such: turbo existing motor, build a second block on the side, then swap motors and throw lots of boost at it. I've seen a lot of people put all their heart, soul, and cash into everything all at once, then have it all come crashing down because of one mistake.

A d16 is much easier to get parts for, so consider that. 350whp is plausible, but will require decent tuning and a good selection of parts. 450cc might be enough if you increase fuel pressure to 72psi, but a larger injector will save you money by not having to buy an adjustable fuel regulator. There are much better options than the DSM450 injector people used to use, and I'm sure someone will chime in with a particular brand. I still recommend a fuel pressure gauge, since many people opt for the Walbro 255HP pump, which raises idle pressure beyond a tunable limit; a 190lph pump is enough for 400whp. A mild cam such as a Comp 59300 or Delta 272 will help out a lot, as will the right turbo.

An ebay turbo kit will require lots of alterations to fit properly, and usually they're supplied with a turbo that doesn't do well above 300whp. They're also completely missing any tuning components & injectors.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I usually recommend your first build goes as such: turbo existing motor, build a second block on the side, then swap motors and throw lots of boost at it. I've seen a lot of people put all their heart, soul, and cash into everything all at once, then have it all come crashing down because of one mistake.
X2 stock motor. EBay turbo kit on stock motor. Replace shitty oil lines and mod the downpipe to suit. Chipped ecu, 450cc injectors with walbro pump. Build a spare motor with rods and pistons, new valve stem seals etc and a cam if budget allows and swap than on with some Injector nation 800cc injectors.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Wait ... Eagle makes b7 rods? This is news to me.

I was once in your shoes. Looking to make big power on the under appreciated b7 engine. Parts are a pain to find. The aftermarket support for these motors is abysmal. There are a few places that have custom rods for vitarta builds for the b7, and I think Crower makes standard size forged rods ($$$$ though). I believe for off the shelf slugs your only option is JE.

I did a lot of this leg work several years ago so some of this information may be obselete ... but really stuff like this isn't hard to google.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks guys. I know for starters i wanna do a mild build. im making it into a show car so im not looking to do 350whp straight away. just trying to sort things out.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Wait ... Eagle makes b7 rods? This is news to me.

I was once in your shoes. Looking to make big power on the under appreciated b7 engine. Parts are a pain to find. The aftermarket support for these motors is abysmal. There are a few places that have custom rods for vitarta builds for the b7, and I think Crower makes standard size forged rods ($$$$ though). I believe for off the shelf slugs your only option is JE.

I did a lot of this leg work several years ago so some of this information may be obselete ... but really stuff like this isn't hard to google.
no, they don't.

you've gotta either go Crower or CXRacing/Ebay rods (they're decent though)

and if you go the ebay route, they're 134.5mm so you can use standard d16 pistons without issue

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
get some good quality injectors that are larger than 450cc because they will barely make it to 250hp at 90% duty cycle with base fuel pressure.im a fan of doing something once so i would go larger than 650cc for 350whp

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Pretty much what ever one said.
Buy parts once. You save so much money vs buying the same item over and over because of crap quality or to small for your future needs.

And build a spare block on the side it's just always good to have a backup motor. Don't care who you are pro tuner or newbie a backup will give you your csr back if this is your only ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did a lil shopping cart on ebay and picked some 1000cc injectors cause they were like $50 more. and ill hopefully have another motor later this year. im hoping to spend around like 4g on the build. with a ebay turbo kit.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I did a lil shopping cart on ebay and picked some 1000cc injectors cause they were like $50 more. and ill hopefully have another motor later this year. im hoping to spend around like 4g on the build. with a ebay turbo kit.
Why. If you got $4k to spend then get a go autowork street kit.
It will fit great and you can pick your turbo.
Then hit up hi profile and get his injectors.
Then ecu and tune and problem solved.

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
i wouldnt buy injectors off ebay unless they are a known good brand: hiprofile, injector dynamics, fuel injector clinic stuff like that, rc injectors are ok but not the best and same with the old precision injectors, also make sure you get the right style injector for your car either saturated or peak and hold.

you can get a go autoworks kit which will fit perfect or damn near perfect for $2059 so after tax and shipping that leave you probably 1500$ to get a chipped ecu, injectors and a tune. the only thing is this does not include rods and pistons but will net you close to 250hp on the stock block just fine

GO-AUTOWORKS Turbo Kits Honda Civic Acura Integra D16 B16 B18

·
Registered
22 Posts
I third this. I did this personally and it was a shitty situation. I learned quite a bit though.

I put all of my eggs in a basket and that shit came crashing down because I was dumb.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts