Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Civic DX D15B7
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 95 Civic DX with 162,xxx miles on D15B7 engine and noticed the rings were burning oil like crazy. Which led me to thinking if I’m going to rebuild this thing then I might as well turbo it as well. This car is not my daily and my intentions are to get at least 7 pounds of boost on 93 octane pump gas. I would like anything between 180-300 hp if possible. So after doing some research to start off I purchased new CX Racing H Beam Rods(134.5mm) with .5mm over standard length. Also purchased Vitara pistons since I thought stock would need to be changed as well. Only to come to find out after buying and installing parts the compression height is about 2mm short of where I need to be based on reading/researching. The piston to deck measurement is -0.077in. After double checking the compression calculations this is what I get...
8AE8F82D-93AA-4BD8-927F-27FAD961EE8E.png
I dont want to send it to a machine shop to be shaved(last resort) so what I’m asking is there a fix to this? Did I purchase the wrong parts? Can I get away with those calculations/measurements to continue with this build? Sorry if I’m beating a dead horse but I feel like it’s hard to get a straight answer from reading so many threads with so many smart axx comments and unfinished builds.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,403 Posts
D15b7 forged rods question

if you use a stock length h-beam for a b7 with a z6 compression height piston yout gonna have stupid low compression since the z6 has a comp height on 30mm stock and a b7 has comp height of 30.7, getting custom pistons made is easier the getting custom rods, but there is a few companies making stock length hbeams for d15
domed vitaras may help. or you can order some forged slugs like cp

YCP P29 75.5mm 050 Teflon Coated Pistons High Compression For Honda D16 | eBay

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
724 Posts
Either machine shop and shave a decent chunk to get comp back up unto the 7's, or new pistons. With those rods you bought being close to stock length, get some forged pistons like wiseco's or CP as Slo suggested to bring the compression height back up to normal and get back into the 8's

·
Registered
95 Civic DX D15B7
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: spoke the guy that I bought the pistons from requesting if he had any pistons for d series motor that had 75mm bore with 30mm compression height and he said he has a set of PM6 with 75mm bore. I plugged the numbers in again to the compression calculator and they look a lot better.
6FF89FDB-971D-473F-B6A9-D39A5EAC25B7.png
So before I do the exchange just wanted to get a second opinion on these numbers. I know I’ll have to get a thicker head gasket to make up the difference of the custom rods. Any thoughts???

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,403 Posts
p29s would bring it up to 9.5:1

your car, your money. have at it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts