Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everyone?

So, a buddy of mine is GIVING me for FREE a y8 transmission off his 00 d16y8and I have a 93 Civic LX with a D15b7.

I wanted to know if swapping the transmission would give me any gains worth doing this swap?
Will it mount right up?
I plan on replacing the clutch and flywheel. Probably get a lightweight flywheel at that.
I'm not asking for the fastest car, it would just be nice to merge onto the highway without having to kill my car lol.. And since I figured the transmission is free I'd ask some people with more experience than I.

Thanks in advance!

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
It bolts up 100% and you will have shorter gearing (better). The only thing I think that doesn't bolt up 100% is the flywheel cover that bolts to the block/trans on the bottom, I think 1 bolt won't line up. But all the main shit works just fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! I appreciate the response. I figured since it was free, why not look into swapping it lol. Just wasn't sure if it bolted up or not.

And I'm assuming I can use the same axles I have now?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,310 Posts
Yep, what he said. I never bothered to put the lower two cover bolts back in anyways, just left it attached at the oil pan. Never heard it rattle either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts