Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 95 hatch and I'm swapping a d15b non VTEC dpfi into it. I want to put my d15b7 intake manifold on it. I have my stock p06 ECU which I believe is obd1, my new motor has a 98 stamp on the head so does that mean its obd2? If so, what would I have to do for this swap? Thanks!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have 95 hatch and I'm swapping a d15b non VTEC dpfi into it. I want to put my d15b7 intake manifold on it. I have my stock p06 ECU which I believe is obd1, my new motor has a 98 stamp on the head so does that mean its obd2? If so, what would I have to do for this swap? Thanks!
JDM motors never came DPFI. What's the engine code on the front of the block?

What issue are you having with the d15b7 manifold?

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its stamped d15b. I'm not having any issues with the intake manifold l, more of a statement, sorry.
It might now have come from Japan dpfi but it is.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JDM motors never came DPFI. What's the engine code on the front of the block?

What issue are you having with the d15b7 manifold?
Sorry I'm an idiot I meant mpfi. Basically all I'm trying to figure out is if my ecu and wiring harness are obd1 but my motor is obd2 what do I need to do. And if my motor even is obd2. Sorry please excuse my noobness.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,955 Posts
run the ecu for the head. 95 civic is obd1, d15b7 is odb1......

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that my car and og motor are obd1. I'm trying to figure out of if my new motor, jdm d15b non-vtec with 98 stamp, is obd1 or obd2. And if it is obd2 what do I need to do.

·
3,955 Posts
use the sensors from the old engine and throw them on the new engine....bam obd1.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks guys! last night I got my intake manifold, a new header, my old distributer and my old alternator on the new motor. I should be able to drop it in tomorrow, I gotta do some cleaning and painting before I put it in. I'll post updates.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Okay so I've ran into a couple hose problems. I took my old motor out two years ago so I don't remember where everything goes. And the connecting pipe on the back of the motor isn't the same as my d15b7.

Attachments

·
3,955 Posts
from the top. first pic, that's the pcv line. black box to one way valve in between intake runners.
3rd pic, that's a coolant line for the intake, it comes from the iacv or throttle body. you can cap it or loop it

the single nipple on the coolant tube goes up into the iacv

·
Banned
16 Posts
from the top. first pic, that's the pcv line. black box to one way valve in between intake runners.
3rd pic, that's a coolant line for the intake, it comes from the iacv or throttle body. you can cap it or loop it

Thanks! I couldnt find a diagram that only had one nipple anywhere. What about this guy though?

Attachments

·
3,955 Posts

1 - 20 of 30 Posts