Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 92 honda civic lx 4dr with a d15b7 1.5L sohc, and found today a d16z6 1.6L sohc vtec engine for $450 bucks

since both engines come from the 5th gen of honda's, 92-95, it should bolt right up to my tranny and use same engine mounts? any idea what it might take? shouldn't be a whole lot, but wasn't quite sure

the z6, i'm not sure of how it was taken care of before, or the past life on it, but would it be worth it to tear it down to block, and rebuild it and replace all the parts that look worn and could wear out, or just put it right into my car

i ask, cause i dont wanna put it in, and something happens, and kick myself cause i didn't tear it down to inspect it yet

·
Registered
8 Posts
It will bolt right in and the 92 i believe are wired stock in the harness to run vetc youll just need a p28 vtec computer...

the motor if its in the yard it could be because it failed so do a compression test on it and check all the fluids and etc for there condition

450 is a little much for just the motor i would just get a vtec head and do a mini me

and if you can get the si/ex trans off the y8 go for it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Like everyone said, pretty much a bolt in affair. Only thing you may have to do is a few wiring mods and get a p28 ecu or have your stock (po6/po5 i think???) ecu chipped and modified to run vtec, i.e. Crome

If the new motor comes with a harness, sit down and study the two to see what you need to re-pin/add/lengthen. If not buy or down load a helm's manual for your car and for the car the motor was removed from and STUDY, STUDY, STUDY.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts