Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so im brand new to modifying cars and things of the sort. I bought a d16y7 with a y8 head(mini me) with the y8 ecu and harness and i want to put it in my 1994 eg hatch should everything plug in play
I have a p2p-a12 ecu

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,403 Posts
you need to do more reading. you wasted your money on things you do not need. the harness and ecu

if youre planning on running no vtec. yes. remove the b7, use all the b7 sensors and dist for the y8, and retain your b7 ecu.

if you want vtec, youre going to have to find an obd1 ecu and run the wire to the solenoid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need to do more reading. you wasted your money on things you do not need. the harness and ecu

if youre planning on running no vtec. yes. remove the b7, use all the b7 sensors and dist for the y8, and retain your b7 ecu.

if you want vtec, youre going to have to find an obd1 ecu and run the wire to the solenoid.

Ok i appreciate it. So i should get a p28 correct then just get the vtec wired up and itll be all set? ( i have the y8 distributor)

·
4,403 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts

Question, if you search up a thread and you have some questions about the content being discussed, but the thread is 20 years old, what do you do? Post a reply or start a new thread?

·
4,403 Posts
Question, if you search up a thread and you have some questions about the content being discussed, but the thread is 20 years old, what do you do? Post a reply or start a new thread?
you make your own thread stating what youre confused about with links, quotes, examples of your concern. to a) show youre actually putting forth the effort and b) so others can make that part clear instead of chasing tail.

as for op. you have an obd1 chassis. the obd2 engine harness you bought wont work, unless you feel like spending more money to buy an obd2-obd1 ecu harness. the y8 distributor wont work because again obd2. if you want to spend more cash, you would need an obd2-obd1 distributor harness. all things which a search will easily show whats needed since its been done to death.
anyway. use your factory b7 harness and all its sensors. USE THE B7 DISTRIBUTOR, and all that you would need for vtec is that harness and proper ecu.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jayce like the others state, read plenty of articles on the swap. I’m telling you from experience that I did a mini me swap and you will need to read at least 3 to get a sense of what is involved. The more you read the more knowledge you will get and will find out that a portion of them are guys blowing BS that you will find out. So don’t rely on one or two for the gospel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jayce like the others state, read plenty of articles on the swap. I’m telling you from experience that I did a mini me swap and you will need to read at least 3 to get a sense of what is involved. The more you read the more knowledge you will get and will find out that a portion of them are guys blowing BS that you will find out. So don’t rely on one or two for the gospel.
Any in particular that you can link and appreciate it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts