Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a d15b7 with a blown head gasket in my '92 eg hatch, I'm about to pull the trigger on a d15b non vtec from eBay for $700. I will be swapping the motor at a friend's shop who doesn't know Honda's just like myself.

My question is what do I need to know about this swap? Can I just drop the motor in and drive away? I've done a lot of research on this forum as well as others, however I find lots of misinformation and confusing posts about this swap. Have any of you done this? Were there any issues with the swap? I want the new motor to run as reliable as can be. No aftermarket mods, all OEM. I want a clean swap that I don't have any worries about. Anything differences between the two motors would be a lot of help, I know they are very similar and I've read about different timings but I'm still not sure. Thanks for your help.

Also, if I need replacement parts in the future would I just buy usdm d15b7 parts and would they work? Thanks again.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Same engine as long as its from a 92-95. Use your intake manifold. Don't break the pcv fittings from the manifold to the breather chamber on the back of the block when you remove the manifold.

Any question you have has already been answered a million times. You can watch videos on youtube of someone else swapping a stock engine if you really need to but it's as simple as remove and replace besides what I said about using the intake manifold from your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts