Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I'm running with a D15B7 in my 92 civic, and I'm switching a head onto it cus my current one has a heck of alot of problems and its too late to rebuild. I just wanna know what makes the D15B2 motor different from the D15B7 motor, seeing as its donating its head to my B7. so. what makes the hp different between the two, and whats the piston diameter, usually, and also, details about sensors would be good...any help appreciated

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i know that the block and the head are the same, but one is OBD0 and the other one is OBD1, and i think the difference in hp is because the b7 is MPFI and the b2 is dual.
and i might be wrong but i think the cam is also the same.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
the head/cam would be the same. D15B1 cam is no good.

A D15B7 is just a MPFI D15B2 using a D16A6 style intake.

102 hp vs. the D16A6's 108 hp.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah block and head are the same on the b7 and b2. D15b2 is OBD0 with Duel Point fuel injection intake manifold. D15b7 is OBD1 with Multi point fuel injection intake manifold. You can swap the heads no bother.:TU:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
put in the a6 cam and there is 108 hp right?
maybe, but what would the A6 do with better OBD-1 electronics?

The A6 cam correctly installed doesn't do that much on it's own, really needs the Z6 intake to breath. My combo, although it was all lucky guessing, quite hard to beat even 9 years later.

aren't you pro 1.5 bone?
always when creating a monster :) Shock factor when someone see the D15 engine code. NO VTEC, no 1.6L, no DOHC.

:haha:

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post!!! woot woot...

Excuse my ignorance,, this is my first venture into the D-series engines...... but I'm not a complete NoOb...just to this site.. :thehump:

anyways,, I have a 90 hatch with the d15b1,,
I have a 94 DX with the b7 in it.. found this tread and was wondering how you made the b1 obd1 ??

I have to get the 94 on the road,, the hatch is just sitting waiting...

Now I can put the b1 into my 94 DX without problems right??

Just swap the intakes and ext mannys right?? The distributors look deferent to. so swap the b7's dizzy too,, right??

Are there any sensors that the b7 has not on the b1????
Like what makes the b1 obd0 just the fuel injection?????

Could someone please give me help on this swap... like I said i need the DX on the road ASAP...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Sounds like you've got it. Just swap the mounts, intake, exhaust, and dizzy and your good to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts