Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d15b7 that needs some love and attention. I am looking to get the most out of the little devil. I am planning on getting a a6 cam that can handle turbo and nos. The bottom end will need to be beefed up a lil with some crower rods and from what I have read in the forums are the vitara pistons. I plan on running a turbo with at least 8 or 9 psi and a small amount of nos for the ones those tricky nights when I get challenged. With this type of build what is the best head to use to minum boost to get the most out of the turbo and be able to spray if i have to.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i get a 1.6 block which one should i get a zc, z6, y8

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since the jdm d15b7 is vtec and that is a replacement for the d16z6 could i do a rebuild of the the us d15 i have and do a z6 mini-me swap with the internal upgrades to get the low compression i'm looking for.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
IF im understanding this right, you want to rebuild the USDM D15B7 bottom end with forged internals. Then do a mini-me with a z6(using the z6 head)??? if so that would RAISE your compression. Not what your looking for.
But if you want low compression. I would imagine that you could build the JDM D15 bottom end(the long block) since its similar in desigin to the D16z6. Then you could put the USDM D15B7 head on it for lower compression.
A reverse mini-me, also you could substiute teh JDM D15B bottom end for a D16Z6.

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
go with a z6 or a6. remember vtec isnt necessary for power. and the a6 is one of the best dseries blocks. the head is one of the best non vtec heads. 1.5s are hard to get parts for unless you got some connections. and the 1.6s are not hard to find or expensive.

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
a6 block built it slap the b7 head on there with a fatty exo speed stg what ever cam and valveterrain from isky NEPtune the bish and just boost her no nitrous needed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts