Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a d15b7 and i want to put 98-99 vitara pistons on it and cryo my rods how much torque and whp can that handle or produce wit a turbo?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That might get you to 250, if your lucky. And plan to not have the car start at 6.97:1 compression.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The rods will still give, and you still won't have any compression.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
That might get you to 250, if your lucky. And plan to not have the car start at 6.97:1 compression.
Why you quoting 7:1 compression?????

Your math is a little off :)

Vitaras happen to sit about .018" above the deck, perfect IMHO......

The stock B7 pistons will handle more than the rods, no need to switch to the Vitaras, getting a 1.6L motor is the better option.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Why you quoting 7:1 compression?????

Your math is a little off :)

Vitaras happen to sit about .018" above the deck, perfect IMHO......

Not my math, Zeal Autoworks compression calculator. It list's the compression height of the vitara piston as 28mm and sitting well below the deck. What's the actual compression hieght of the Vitaras?

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
basicly unless you want to spend a shitload of money on the b7 witch is just plain retarded you want a 1.6block

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
get a 1.6. its just dumb to pay 700 bucks for a set of rods.
and i believe the compression height is 30 on the vitaras. according to the knology they are.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So... are Vitara pistons good for the D15B7 or not? The post on super low compression has me a bit worried. I've already got Crower rods in hand for my D15B7... looking into Vitara pistons but have not purchased them yet. My pistons are shot anyway so they need replacement no matter what.

PS: Got the rods second hand for half of retail, which is why I didn't change to a D16 block.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts