Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.. i have a d15 b7 and i want to do a minime, i found i vtec head but i m concern if it's going to work good or not, also i found the ecu to do the swap right>>.my question is how do i know if the head is good or not? also swapping this head how much hp do i gaing?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
What engine is the head off of? To really do it right you need to get it tuned. Power depends on the tune.
Bring the head to a machine shop and have them test it.
SEARCH. SEARCH. SEARCH.
Read the stickies.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
keep the b7 head trust me non vtec is not bad at all. but your not going to listen so find a z6 or a y8 head and carry on.

FUCKING SEARCH FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im going to have my avatar shoot you in the junk

·
Registered
70 Posts
keep the b7 head trust me non vtec is not bad at all. but your not going to listen so find a z6 or a y8 head and carry on.

Figured I'd throw this in before starting a new thread:

My friend has a y8 head and manifold combo, wondering if it's worthwhile to put it on my D15B7 bottom end. The top end on the D15B7 is already strong, I assume vtec would only help it. I have a short ram intake and JVT 4-2-1 headers already installed.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Don't assume things like that . . . LOL!

Just taking 1mm off the head, going with a later model Y-series MLS headgasket, swapping in a reground A6 cam and springs, and adding a real intake manifold will probably surprise you. (And be innexpensive, too!)

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
Wow!!! No offense man but mini me's have been covered as much as the B7 A6 cam swap. The stickies are your friend, my friend.

You'll need to have your ecu setup to support vtak or just go get a p28 ecu. But you'll have a lil fun with a mini me. Boost it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Y8 head on a B7, milled .040", thinner HG, 88-95 cam gear.......yeah it would be a BLAST.

12:1 compression would be the reason why.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
He's saying that it will most likely detonate itself to death. LOL!

You can run regular on a higher compression engine if you build it to do it. You'll need a good cam, intake manifold, and exhaust manifold, though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I thought y8 head on b7 block yields 10.2:1 compression. Should be a decent bump in power too, but I must be searching wrong because I can't find anyone with a b7/y8 minime.

·
Registered
71 Posts

the only way non vtec is better is for boosting 9 compression motors low compression use vtec motors no matter wut boost full spool at vtec point

·
Registered
71 Posts

the only way non vtec is better is for boosting 9 compression motors low compression use vtec motors no matter wut boost full spool at vtec point

1 - 15 of 15 Posts