Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O,k i have a friend and since im into more the turbo scene he has a 93 dx hatch with a d15b7 and wants to stay more N/A then a turbo.What kind of power can he look at outta that motor or swapping a new d-series in it????

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
great gains if you search.

I'll state this, 130-135 chp from a 102 chp motor using OEM parts. I dynoed 118 whp in 1999, not bad for a 102 chp D15B7 motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, I have a 93 civic Hatch with a stock D15B7 with 222,000 miles. For right now I don't want to turbo it, I just want pure motor. It has been suggested to me that a Z6 head and a Y8 IM would be a good start. I have searched this forum, but have found no threads covering this particular configuration. I'm pretty sure I'll have to redo the block, but I was wondering if I could get info on what I need to make this work. I was thinking of aftermarket pistons, rods, springs and such. What about ECU? Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
no need for VTEC on the B7, Bauley is my writer, I just have to fix his mistakes.......
No VTEC???So you're saying don't go mini me?I don't want turbo at this point, I'm N/A all the way. Need another way besides turbo to beef up engine power, I thought mini me was the way to go.

·
Great example of a n00b
278 Posts
I found it.. using search..
yes it doesn't need VTEC to get a D15B7 to 120 chp.

transzex, do you recommend that for daily commuter and how is the mpg?

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally i would go vtec,93Hb will get good power if he went a z6 head with a y8 manifold,then do some basics I/H/E and what not,And as far as i knew didnt the d15b7's run lean?????

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found it.. using search..
yes it doesn't need VTEC to get a D15B7 to 120 chp.

transzex, do you recommend that for daily commuter and how is the mpg?
Yes...I found it...using search too..It's just not the way I want to go, I'm looking for another way to n/a. If every noob that joined this forum was made to search for things, there wouldn't be any substance to warrent the definition of a forum...lighten up...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
when I had the big Crane cam, I made 121 whp on a Mustang dyno, thats about 128-129 whp Dynojet on stock compression.

I got 53 mpg on that tank of gas :)

·
Great example of a n00b
278 Posts
Yes...I found it...using search too..It's just not the way I want to go, I'm looking for another way to n/a. If every noob that joined this forum was made to search for things, there wouldn't be any substance to warrent the definition of a forum...lighten up...
BTW: notice # of postings and when I joined this forum.. there is so much knowledge on the internet :)
but imagine answer the same question over and over again, every day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts