Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post but not a noob..use to be on the other dseries site with mista bone back in the days..left honda..and now back..

i did the search on this and i just want to make sure: the setup is this

d15b7 non vtec
rods: vx rods
pistons: p29 or pm7 or should i just go with the gx pistons
cam: probably a deltacam 272
head: p&p

is this a safe combo..thanks in advance..and bone and dog chime in
also do u know any company that sells springs and retainers for that head...thanks in advance

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
CAm and springs = Bisimoto

yet to final assemble the P29/VX combo, clearance is TIGHT!!! and having to run shorter spark plugs.

there is a thread about my D15Baby8, haven't updated it in a long time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Bone for the response..i read your thread on the d15baby8...that is where i got most of my info from...what about the gx pistons....should i just throw those in with the vx rods and call it a day???

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'd use the `01 GX pistons with the Z1 rods just to be safe. The P29/Z1 rod isen't tested, and it's pretty high compression for the street. If you want a bit more compression either mill the B7 head or you could use a Y7 head fairly easily.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yes, but Z1 rods and P29's give you like 13.5:1, and sit enough out of the hole you MAY make contact. What was your piston to valve clearance again?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys..i think i will play it safe... the compression again with the gx pistons and vx rods is like 11 or something like that...right??

and how did i know it wouldn't do it for you Bone...i will wait and do that set up in the other d15b7 i have laying around..

thanks again guys for the responses

1 - 10 of 10 Posts