Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short, I was being a good friend, selling my 95 civic ex to a buddy that needed a car to get back and forth to work while I was gone to basic.
Well he has only given me $350 since December of last year so I went and got my car back.
Come to find out he ran it low on oil so now it has a knock/tick in the engine.
Well the tires were also bald, and one on a spare.
I was searing around on craigslist and found a stock 95 civic lx automatic on there that had hit a tree. It also had less than a hundred miles on the brand new tires.
I drove down to look at it, it started up and it runs amazing, it was owned by an old lady before the kid wrecked it.
It didn't even have a cold air intake on it, I mean 100% stock.
It had 145k on it and he was asking $750 for it. I walked away with it for $600 complete.
I got home and realized it doesnt have the d16z6 in it like my other civic did so heres where my question comes into play. Yes I have searched but there are no threads on swapping a b7 into a z6, only the other way around.
Will my d15b7 fit into my d16z6 car without any modifications and bolt up to the 5speed tranny already in the z6 car.
Am I going to run into any problems? As I said the car is complete so I have all the stock parts needed. The only difference is my EX is a 5 speed, and the LX parts car is an auto, I would be using the same 5speed tranny and bolt it to the b7 and drop it back in if possible. Also, is the subframe/axles/suspension all the same? Because I would like to swap all of that as well due to mine having 280k on them and the parts car only has 145k.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
PS I don't care about how fast it is or any of that, just wanting to fix my civic so I can sell it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'm sure someone will correct me on this, but I think it would be almost a drop-in replacement. You may have to swap the Z6 intake manifold over to it, as the B7 is an automatic, and there will be some wiring differences (i.e. v-tec) to take care of. On that note, you may be able to just swap the entire harness/ecu over, and not even have to worry about wiring...

In any case, they're both OBD-1, and as far as bolting up into place, yes, it'll work.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Use your flywheel/clutch setup, everything will bolt up fine, the problem will be the computer. The one in your car is set up for vtec and the other motor doesn't have it. 2 options are to either buy/trade for a d15b7 manual computer (P06 on the ECU) or convert your auto ECU to manual with a little time/effort. There are guides on how to convert the ecu over. You can use your EX intake and exhaust manifolds which are better than the ones on the b7 engine.

I can't think of anything else ATM maybe someone else can tell you what I am forgetting

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what the point of using the intake/exhaust manifolds? more power or what? im mainly looking for gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Use your flywheel/clutch setup, everything will bolt up fine, the problem will be the computer. The one in your car is set up for vtec and the other motor doesn't have it. 2 options are to either buy/trade for a d15b7 manual computer (P06 on the ECU) or convert your auto ECU to manual with a little time/effort. There are guides on how to convert the ecu over. You can use your EX intake and exhaust manifolds which are better than the ones on the b7 engine.

I can't think of anything else ATM maybe someone else can tell you what I am forgetting
This is all that needs to be done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, my z6 has headers back on it so will the header bolt up to the b7 no prob or will there be different mounting holes?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Buy yourself a manual po6 ecu and everything should be fine. You can also use the harness from the donor car if you like since you don't need the extra vtec wires. Or use your z6 harness vtec plugs won't be use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright sounds good. i found one on a parts car locally for $50 for the ecu, ill just use my z6 harness and not use the vtec plugs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts