Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I am new here but i am on several other Honda/Acura forums.

I am experienced when it comes to all the Dohc motors and to be quite honest i have built a good two handfulls. BUT i have only built afew SOHC engines. And for some reason they were sohc vtec.

Well anyways i am doing a budget build on a car i just bought for $75.00 Its a 91 Civic Hatch. It had no motor nor tranny. I had a D15B7 w/ tranny layin around and i thought what the heck im going to build it. The car is completely stripped. Its strickly a drag car now.. No front bumper, glass windows, seats, dash, extra factory wiring, inner door metal etc....

Well back on track. I just wanted to say i am not to sure what parts are interchangeable with the D15b7 and thats what i would like to know. I am building the bottom end w/ 8:5:1 pistons, Eagle H-Beams, ACL bearings, KMS blockguard OR I may end up pegging the block. Haven't decided yet. And just in case your still wondering "Yep its going turbo" I have never built a engine yet for allmotor. Even for all the locals that i build for...I guess boost is addicting to them like it is to myself. :) Anyways, as for the head i know i can run ARP headstuds from a Z6. But i would love to change out the cam, valves, springs, and retainers. So guys show me what ya know.

Also i always take pictures of the builds i do and i would love to share to anyone who is interested. "If so i will post in the propper forum."

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Your going to have 1 hell of a time getting those rods to work on a B7 crank....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your going to have 1 hell of a time getting those rods to work on a B7 crank....

Well i guess i was told wrong. Damit... Really?

What the hell does a guy do now? LOL... I assume buy a different engine.

Anyone have something for sale? F23, B-series, D16's... ? Im open.

This is a budget build and our goal was to see how fast we could get sohc non-vtec. Who knows now. But really whats different with the 1.5 and 1.6.

Im currious.

Thanks for the important info. Like i have stated in my first post. I've done a ton of Dohc engines, a few sohc but they were Z6's and Y8's. So not being able to run eagle rods in a honda blows my mind. LOL, i guess this is what i get for trying to build a turd 1.5L.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The D15 bearings are smaller in diameter, except for the JDM D15B VTEC. But that dosen't help you in this case. The easiest fix is to find a D16 and run that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought you only worked on 2 Y8's?
In my last post i told a little about myself. Then i submitted. Then realized that i already had done this on my first post to the thread. I then realized that i said i have only done 2 y8's. When in reality i have done 2 z6's and two y8's so therefore that would make a few sohc's.

Dont believe me that i have built my fair share of hondas...

Take a look at my MYSPACE... I have owned my own shop since 2001. Just recently started a myspace.

But like i have stated, I have NEVER built a D15 ever in the 7 years of building Hondas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts