Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a D15B7 head that is ported and polished, and valves redone. I am going to switch my build to a B18LS motor (found it cheap) and was wondering is it was worth trying to sell or not. THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE THREAD!! If the people here tell me it's worth selling I'll find other avenues for selling it. I know that I can't sell here, just want to know if I should just scrap it or is it useful, I know most people don't bother building these.

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
i don't see why someone would want that... maybe for a replacement on a dd or something.... just don't forget to port and polish the shit out of that LS head.... you gotta remember the b18b drops to 80hp at 7000RPM and your gonna need to help that any way you can.... add some GSR pistons, and some stage 2 cams and let the orgasm begin

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
if your gonna turbo and you've got the money to drop on an ls and a turbo kit... pick up a z6 or something and you can push at least 400hp on the cheap.... IMO
d-series/b16=boost - b18+= N/A.... that b18b is just asking for either a p&p or a b16 head on it.... but then on the other hand.... you can abuse that LS like none other and it will always come back for more

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
you'll NEVER EVER get your money back on a ported head, even if RLZ or PortFlow did the work.

Pictures of the works, name of the person/shop that did the work MAY help in the sale.

I know my "stage 2.5" head is worth $1000-1200, but would honestly be lucky to get $400 out of it. Scraping is not an option if the work is decent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts