Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv been searching but really cant find anything here or on google. Since fjt is going to be making a bottom end kit for the d15b7 in the near future its got me thinking of getting the kit and boosting my b7 but I cant seem to find any stronger head parts for the b7.

Does anybody know if there are better cams and valvetrain for these motors. Im open to anything whether its swapping cams from a different d or buying an aftermarket part. Thanks for your help guys.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
for the b7, all of the head parts that work on a d16a6 will work for you. If you get a cam regrinded, be sure to send in your b7 cam if you're using the b7 block!

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
^^^what he said. Just use a Y7/Y8 gear to correct when using an A6 cam. Go with bisi for the springs and cam. The retainers dont really need to be replaced unless you want to.

·
6,710 Posts
^^^what he said. Just use a Y7/Y8 gear to correct when using an A6 cam. Go with bisi for the springs and cam. The retainers dont really need to be replaced unless you want to.
If you send in a 1.5 cam to be regrinded, you wont have to use the y7/y8 gear.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
damn, no one ever told me that. guess i can sell my Y8 gear now.

·
6,710 Posts
damn, no one ever told me that. guess i can sell my Y8 gear now.
Just be sure to let the place that's doing the regrind that it's a 1.5 cam for a 1.5

Keep the gear, you never know when you'll need it! With any build, just use an adjustable gear anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts