Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First time posting and just got back into the honda game. So I have had this CRX sitting in the driveway for four years. It had a ZC SOHC. It had snapped a timing belt so I got a new head. I wanted to go OBD1 so I found a head from a D15B7, got it resurfaced, 3 angle valve job and new seats. I used the ZC cam since its better. I put the head on the block, torque everything down to spec and in the order laid out in the FSM.

Since I am using the ZC cam, I kept the plastic piece from the ZC head that has the cam index mark at 7 o' clock. I have the cam gear index pointing at the mark. I have the crank shaft gear mark lined up with arrow on the block, and also double checked by putting the t belt cover on and crank pulley on to check the TDC mark on the pulley lines up with the TDC marks on the timing belt cover. When I go and put the timing belt on, I cannot get it on without disturbing either the cam timing or the the crank position. Therefore my cam is always either 1 tooth retarded or advanced.

Since the B7 an ZC/A6 head are the same casting, everything should line up right? What I mean is , I shouldn't have to worry about being a tooth off (4.7x degrees) since this is basically an ZC/A6 engine.

The head has a .030 stamp so I'm assuming its been milled 30 thousandths. Would this be enough to throw things off?

Help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anbody know at what crankshaft degree the exhaust and intake lobes on the cam will be at it peak for an A6 cam?

Since I cant line it up, If I had the above specs then I could throw on degree wheel on the crank and then degree the cam with an adjustable cam gear instead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts