Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, im about to put on a new head gasket on an d15b7.
are the old assed oem headbolts reusable? i know that it isnt reccomended, but its a super low budget build and i really dont want to invest another 130 bucks for some arp head studs, lol
unless somebody knows where i can get some head bolts for cheap????

and what it the tourque lbs on tourquing them down to the block?
isnt it supposed to be tourqued down twice???

·
Registered
341 Posts
a general rule of thumb is that head bolts can be re torqued/ reused once, then need to be replaced. in other words, if this is the first time the head has been off, you should be fine.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
22 then 47, last time i checked a new headbolt set from the dealer was $25

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
get arp's and never have to buy them again.

I dunno how many times you can reuse the arp head studs, but I've reused them like 2-4 times already.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
i paid 9.98 for each bolt from honda. and they were strech bolts that could only be used once. and i droped a nut into the head and had to pull it off and throw those new bolts away. and after some research found that the old ones can be reused. i wanted to hit myself in the face. oh and i've used mine like 5 times. but they need to go away now cuz i think it blew a hg and that prolly was the reason why.

oh and arp ftw.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
$83 for a set of headbolts from Honda
last time i bought a set of oem's they were $90. thats about the same price as ARP's. plus imo i wouldn't reuse oem headbolts unless you don't plan on doing anything other than just plain driving.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
oh and the ones i got werent a set you had to buy them idividually. who know maybe they had others that needed to be ordered but those were on there shelf. another reason i hate dealerships

1 - 15 of 15 Posts