Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my block is a D15B7, my head a D15B2, my intake manifold a D16Y8. OR a D15B8. I duno. all I do know is that the only thing keepin me from starting my car is the extra heater line that has nowhere to attach.... I'll include photos as soon as I take em. anyone know what I could do to bypass this lil situation?

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
ok so my block is a D15B7, my head a D15B2, my intake manifold a D16Y8. OR a D15B8. I duno. all I do know is that the only thing keepin me from starting my car is the extra heater line that has nowhere to attach.... I'll include photos as soon as I take em. anyone know what I could do to bypass this lil situation?

Welcome!!!!

I see that you said that photos will come soon, so we really cannot help you there without them....

And here is a little bit of info that I could help you with:

The d15b2 head is the same a d15b7 & d16a6 head but with different cams, need to get a d16a6 cam & a y7/y8 cam gear(too correct the timing)... and I hope that it's not a d15b8 intake manifold because it's probably one off the skinniest/smallest one their is......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, actually, the car starts and has no timing issue.I compared the B2 cam to my old B7 cam and there is no difference that I see. either way the car runs, but, yea, I cant drive the car because that intake manifold is small as hell, with a two inch throttle body basically, but thats not why I cant drive it, its cus there is a coolant line that needs to be attached, and that intake manifold doesnt have the extra port to hook it up. so today I'm pickin up my old intake manifold, which has a H23 throttle body on it, but the manifolds opening had to be bored out to match the throttle body, and I had em polish the runners while they had it..

·
Registered
59 Posts
well,for what i have search in the search engine,your D15B7 frankenstein it dosent look intimidating,i think this is better d15 block with p29,zc head,y8 intake with b18 tb thats a d-kenstein lol lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I'm actually not building it to be a fast car. I'm building it to be a running car that hopefully has above 100 hp. and still gets the same old 38 mpg it got on average.

·
Trade Me Your Car Please ...I Am The Master Of Fli
600 Posts
i think it should be over 100 hp and drain a little more gas from you but not to much.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
I honestly dont think you will be past 100whp with that small cam. Also, how big is your throttle body? If its past 60mm, your losing power instead of gaining. And, the coolant line issue...there should be a smaller nipple above the big one, get a t-fitting and tap into that one.

Pic:

This a pic of a D15B7 intake manifold(left) and D16Y8(right), use the nipple just above the one the arrow is pointing to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, what I have is the D15B7 intake manifold now, ported to match the H23 throttlebody, and the runners on the intake are smoothed out and the such, the head off the B2 is immaculate, which surprised me...

·
Registered
480 Posts
I honestly dont think you will be past 100whp with that small cam. Also, how big is your throttle body? If its past 60mm, your losing power instead of gaining. And, the coolant line issue...there should be a smaller nipple above the big one, get a t-fitting and tap into that one.

Pic:

This a pic of a D15B7 intake manifold(left) and D16Y8(right), use the nipple just above the one the arrow is pointing to.

the im on the right is a z6 manifold :D

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts

·
Registered
Many cars
257 Posts
Most likely he meant IAT intake air temp sensor. White sensor on the back of the right intake manifold. The y8 does not have that sensor on the manifold since it is located in the intake tube before the T/B. Also the Y8 manifold has more "webbing" between the runners and a narrower/fatter plenum. Id get ahold of a b7/z6/y8 manifold to put on your motor. Each of those will have larger runners than what you have now and will net more power than the vx d15z1/hf d15b6/cx d15b8 manifolds.

Oh and for your original problem, just block off that extra port if there is not anywhere for it to go. That is a common problem on i/m swaps. The d15b7 water pipe might have an extra water supply line because the t/b had a FITV or something. IF your T/B does not have that then block off the supply line on the water pipe.

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
Most likely he meant IAT intake air temp sensor. White sensor on the back of the right intake manifold. The y8 does not have that sensor on the manifold since it is located in the intake tube before the T/B. Also the Y8 manifold has more "webbing" between the runners and a narrower/fatter plenum. Id get ahold of a b7/z6/y8 manifold to put on your motor. Each of those will have larger runners than what you have now and will net more power than the vx d15z1/hf d15b6/cx d15b8 manifolds.

Oh and for your original problem, just block off that extra port if there is not anywhere for it to go. That is a common problem on i/m swaps. The d15b7 water pipe might have an extra water supply line because the t/b had a FITV or something. IF your T/B does not have that then block off the supply line on the water pipe.

:TU:

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey guys I had already specified that I reused my D15B7 head now so the problem is moot. and its been ported out to match the GSR throttle body...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts