Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay finially building my d15. What should i tell the machine shop and how far (saftly) can i go on shaving the head and boring out the cylndrs? and what pistons and rods do you guys reccomend? i need help thanks all:shoot:

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
im assuming your going N/A. .40 on the head is decent and overbore .5mm is all that i'd go to be safe. OE rods are fine and P29's or you can run the FJT D15 rods with P29s but i waste i think for N/A cuz they are to heavy.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Okay finially building my d15. What should i tell the machine shop and how far (saftly) can i go on shaving the head and boring out the cylndrs? and what pistons and rods do you guys reccomend? i need help thanks all:shoot:
It depends what you want to do.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Has FJT made the USDM spec D15 rods already? Does anyone have anylinks to it?
No. People just don't know wtf they're talking about.

The JDM D15B rods are available not the USDM D15 rods (yet). I really wish people would double check their facts before posting. Dude could have shelled out $$$ for rods that won't fit his engine.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
i know the B7 rods arent out yet. im just throwing that out there as an option. when he goes to buy them if he reads what hes buying he would clearly see they are for a JDM d15b, not a B7

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
i know the B7 rods arent out yet. im just throwing that out there as an option. when he goes to buy them if he reads what hes buying he would clearly see they are for a JDM d15b, not a B7
Yeah maybe but how many times have you seen some asshat post and say JDM D15 rods fit a USDM D15? Not everyone knows this stuff.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yeah maybe but how many times have you seen some asshat post and say JDM D15 rods fit a USDM D15? Not everyone knows this stuff.
I haven't been on the forums in a while and I got a bit excited thinking that the rods were fabbed up already. I hate the missinformation that's being given out as well. D15B is used by some people to describe a D15B7, B8,B2,B5 ect... when in fact they don't realize that most people generally are asking about their USDM spec D15 non-vtec motor which is in a huge number of 5th gens versus the Z6 well at least in Canada that is.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10-4 on the misinfo. To answer DWEZIL I Just want a little more power Im not goint to drag or street race anyone. But I do plan on taking some fuckin awsome corners And ive been in the poition before of not having the power to pull out of a slide. I have 3 intake manifolds and down the road im going to xperimentwith individual throttle bodys. Heres a few pics of a gasketmatched and smothed 1 ive done

Attachments

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
im assuming your going N/A. .40 on the head is decent and overbore .5mm is all that i'd go to be safe. OE rods are fine and P29's or you can run the FJT D15 rods with P29s but i waste i think for N/A cuz they are to heavy.
.5mm over, that's all? pffft, i'm going for broke. 76mm bore on my d15b2! Of course i'm adding some cylinder support as well, a set of endyn posts. P29's on stock d15b2 rods and a milled head should be fun. (Yes, I know p29's in the 1.5's dont add a lot of compression, but I needed new pistons anyway...)

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm gonna throw 76mm YCP PM3's into my D15B2, and head is already milled 1mm/.040".
I'll mill the head atleast another .040 more, maybe even .060... Static CR to almost 13:1. Stock rods with ARP bolts. Using port mismatched D16Z6 IM with it, to create nice anti-reversion steps. A6 cam and my own design/made header.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts