Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum but I have been in the honda game for about 5 years. what I have is a d15b7 turbo tuned at 6psi(safe tune) running ~160whp 1/4 mile at 14.02.

I have found a set of forged rods(134mm) for $350 for a d15b2 and I couldn't find out for certain that they will fit my d15b7. Are they the same? I kept seeing online that the blocks are virtually identical. The only real difference I found was the coolent sensor is on the back of the motor on the b2 and on the b7 it is on the coolant housing, the obvious dpfi and mpfi. and obd-0 and obd1. I know plenty of other honda guys but they don't have a clue and neither do I.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot for the link. I have literally wasted like 5 hours looking for that answer...

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Their the same. Lets see the rods your looking at because I bet there the CX racing rods AKA ebay rods. I would probably buy em but honestly your looking at pretty much a full rebuild either way so Id just put in a d16 block. Do you plan on pulling the engine or putting the pistons in with a hone with the head off?

Reactions: Evanguy

·
Registered
93 civic dx
10 Posts
So in my case I'm building a mini me would like to boost. So I can deff use b2 h beams in my b7 block and it will fit just as the b7 rods would.

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Yes they will. EDIT: but compression will be crazy low with A vtec head if you plan to use vitara's that is.

·
Registered
93 civic dx
10 Posts
So your recommendation would be? And no I do not want to buy another block I mean if I'm using the b7 block what would you recommend piston wise.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
if you're going cheap, you can get floating pin PG6Bs which will make your CR nice and they've got decent ringlands

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Do you search? Do you know the motor those come from?

If you answer yes to those you will know where, and other options if you are an associative person.

What does this have to do with con rods btw?

·
Registered
93 civic dx
10 Posts
Sorry If I sound like a noob it's only because I am I wouldn't be in here asking for advice If I didn't need it and I'm asking about what options I have with the b2 h beams as far as pistons go because I have no damn clue because I saw where someone mentioned earlier that the vitara pistons would cause a crazy low c/r

1 - 20 of 22 Posts