Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tearing down by D15B7 and have gotten it all down with the pistons, rods, and crankshaft out. Unfortunatly my crank has wear from the main seals in the form of two little grooves. My question is this... does this mean I need to replace the shaft or can I somehow make it work without leaking?

If this does mean it needs replacing... does anyone have a good D15B7 crankshaft for sale at a good price? Can't seem to find anything listed on the forums or e-bay.

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
thats called normal wear and tear it shouldnt be a problem plus i think you can get a sleeve kit for it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats called normal wear and tear it shouldnt be a problem plus i think you can get a sleeve kit for it
My Dad told me something like that... any ideas where I can find such a thing? He wasn't sure if you could still get stuff like that, but he used them on heavy coal mining equipment a long time ago.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
My crankshaft had this groove on the flywheel end. But I think it was outside of the seal.
I just put it in there and assembled it together. Depends where it is I guess.
if there's a potential for leakage, you should, obviously, do something about it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would just grab another used crank myself. Or get a Z6 block :/
That is a problem since I already have the "rare" D15B7 crower rods. I am looking into getting a brand new D15B7 crankshaft with pre-matched bearings and be done with it. I'm not a big fan of swapping in unknown used parts as a fix since I don't like to do things twice. I'd rather a new crankshaft in my B7 than another used part... plus the whole deal with the rods being in hand for the B7 already.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
A new CS is pretty expensive though... Costs $788 at hondapartsdeals (which I use).
I would never pay that much for it... Could buy a lot of blocks for that money, and get a perfectly good one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A new CS is pretty expensive though... Costs $788 at hondapartsdeals (which I use).
I would never pay that much for it... Could buy a lot of blocks for that money, and get a perfectly good one.
Well, I shouldn't say brand new. RPM Machine sells Top-Line remanufactured cranks with matched bearings for $276. Seems pretty reasonable to me and it saves me all the time and effort of matching my bearings.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Well, I shouldn't say brand new. RPM Machine sells Top-Line remanufactured cranks with matched bearings for $276. Seems pretty reasonable to me and it saves me all the time and effort of matching my bearings.
That sounds much better, without a doubt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts