Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have acquired a large portion of these parts already... just need the pistons, motor mounts, MBC, clutch, and studs then it's going to the machine shop to have the bottom end machined / assembled. I'll be putting the head back on and re-installing the engine after that. These items will be purchased when my tax check comes in.

D15B7 Bottom End
0.5mm over-bore
Polished and turned Crankshaft with Microsleeves
Crower D15B7 Forged Rods
Clevite Bearings matched by machine shop
New Mizumo Oil Pump
Custom JE Forged Pistons with 9:1 Compression
D16Y8 Head
ARP Head Studs
D16Y8 Nippon Racing MLS Head Gasket
D16Y8 Intake Manifold
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
LS Throttle Body
Motorolla 2.5 Bar MAP
Home-Made Catch Can Setup using Exhaust Slash-Cut
500cc DeatschWerks Injectors
Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump
Stock fuel lines and FPR
Greddy 15G Turbo Charger
Perrin Manual Boost Controller (~12 PSI)
Front Mount Intercooler Setup
Kteller 2.5" Down-Pipe
2.5" Diameter Spun Housing Cat
2.5" Diameter 22" Long Magnaflor Resonator
2.5" Inlet Greddy Evo Knockoff Muffler
2.5" Home-Made Piping (Autozone Parts)
XTR Stage 2 Racing Clutch
Civic DX Transmission (this is my DD and won't see the track)
Night Racing Motor Mount w/ Energy Urethane Bushings

This will be tuned by P1 Automotive in SC starting with an ECU with a base-map from Phearable.

I think I covered everything... should be a great daily driver and I'm looking for around ~225 WHP from this setup when all is said and done. It is being built up so I can get more power later if so desired with a larger turbo setup.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
more than 1/2 of that stuff is garbage imo

if you are just going to daily drive it...

d16 motor
2.5 or 3" exhaust
greddy kit
ebay fmic
custom charge pipes
walbro 255lph pump i guess if you feel you need it
dsm 450cc injectors
either a good tuned emanage or a chipped ecu

building the d15b7 with forged internals is way more expensive than building a d16.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
more than 1/2 of that stuff is garbage imo

if you are just going to daily drive it...

building the d15b7 with forged internals is way more expensive than building a d16.
I think you missed the part where I have most of the parts already except what is listed in the first text block (including the Crower rods, which I got cheap). Also, what exactly is garbage? You will have to be more specific.

I searched on all of the parts I could find answers on and turned up few negative remarks -- only the clutch had negative feedback and that was almost 50/50 good and bad, seeming to require a good break-in and it'll be fine.

Reason for forging is that it is my DD right now, yes. But, as mentioned, I will probably want to do more boost with a larger turbo later and I only want to do the bottom end once barring any unforseen mishaps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.