Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am planning to do a mini-me for my setup. My setup is gonna be a d15b7 with a z6 head. Whats my compression gonna be? Oh yeah, this going on my turbo setup. Will my compression gonna be too high for turbo? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
i would use the Y8 2 layer if youre going all motor. That would make it around 10.4:1

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It won't matter to much, jsut use a stock Z6 gasket and keep the power down. You won't be able to go over 200 anyway with stock rods.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Hey guys,

I am planning to do a mini-me for my setup. My setup is gonna be a d15b7 with a z6 head. Whats my compression gonna be? Oh yeah, this going on my turbo setup. Will my compression gonna be too high for turbo? Thanks guys.
Theoretically, with an OEM MLS gasket, it will be 10.22:1 (if I remember correctly). Obviously a lot of factors can affect this.

10.22:1 is fine for a turbo if you have a good tune and don't get too greedy for power.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How much power you plan on making ...I think you would be better off getting a 1.6 block if you want 200+...

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
yea how much power you wont then we can help you more

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Theoretically, with an OEM MLS gasket, it will be 10.22:1 (if I remember correctly). Obviously a lot of factors can affect this.

10.22:1 is fine for a turbo if you have a good tune and don't get too greedy for power.
10.22:1 compression I heard this might be a bit too high for turbo? Or am I wrong? cause I heard between 9-9.5 is the preferable compression for turbo?

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
10.22:1 compression I heard this might be a bit too high for turbo? Or am I wrong? cause I heard between 9-9.5 is the preferable compression for turbo?
9-9.5:1 is "preferable" because it's "easier" to tune. You can boost an 11:1 engine if you wanted to. Keep in mind that it's cylinder pressure that's making power, so with a higher compression engine, you won't need to run as much boost.
PARAZZI said:
I would to get at least in around 220-250 ish range. Is this unreachable with a mini-me then?
yes - your rods will not hold that much power

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a b2/z6 mini me with high compression, currently maybe 120-125hp, I only want maybe 170-180 hp. Is that ok with my current compression? Would I just go for a smaller turbo and tune it well and it would be ok?

·
Registered
854 Posts
i would use the Y8 2 layer if youre going all motor. That would make it around 10.4:1
don't remove any layer from an OEM head gasket. they're designed the way they are for proper sealing. buy a cometic/aftermarket thinner one or have the head milled or install higher compression pistons, but don't run a "2 layer" gasket.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I have a b2/z6 mini me with high compression, currently maybe 120-125hp, I only want maybe 170-180 hp. Is that ok with my current compression? Would I just go for a smaller turbo and tune it well and it would be ok?
That should be fine... However, when you say "high compression", how high are we talking?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts