Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has this ever been done,i just ran the figureds and my compression would be about 9.4 compared to the 10.1 on a stock b7.Would this bit of compression be much of an advantage or no?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
using the calc, stock D15B7 = 9.28, switch to A6 pistons and it drops to 8.12:1, a complete waste of time and money for ANY reason.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
using the calc, stock D15B7 = 9.28, switch to A6 pistons and it drops to 8.12:1, a complete waste of time and money for ANY reason.
Its a d15b7 with d16z6 head,z6 headgasket,and yes for boost.Just trying to squeeze as much as possible out of oem short block.

·
Registered
14 Posts
you can stay with high compression and you will produce same power with least boost , only need to be tuned right and maybe add octane supplement to be safer . i run this setup last summer on my friend car and it worked nice

bye

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Its a d15b7 with d16z6 head,z6 headgasket,and yes for boost.Just trying to squeeze as much as possible out of oem short block.
The start with a D16 short block, don't waste your time on a D15B non VTEC short block if considering boost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts