Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Civic DX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In April I bought a 95 civic dx coupe. The little car is in great shape. But it is time to replace the timing belt, water pump and belt tensioner. I have a d16y8 head that I just had cleaned up with new seals. So I am going to use that head on my d15b7 block. I had done this swap on a d15b2 about 7 years ago, but i forgot what head bolts to use. So after a little research I have found the correct head stud. Below will be the part numbers that I will be using.

ARP #208-4301 (d16z6 head studs)

Arp # am5.700-1b (The Short d16y8 stud)

Fidanza cam gear 986166

Honda d16y8 OEM timing belt

Honda d16y8 OEM head gasket

Honda d15b7 Aisin Water pump

Honda d15b7 OEM Belt tensioner

p72 ecu will be tuned.

I will upload some pictures as I start, I am still waiting to get the head back from the machine shop.

·
Registered
95 Civic DX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I got the engine together in my 95 civic dx. Feels like it makes torque faster than the d15b7. I still don't have vtec wired up yet, so I have not taken the engine over 5200 rpm. I am using a 4-2-1 dc header. How are we hosting pictures and I will post a few.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
imgur can be used for pictures.

Understand that even without vtec enabled/functioning, as long as you have enough oil getting to the valvetrain, its a performance boost everywhere. extra compression, extra airflow, extra gas mileage if you keep your foot out of it a bit!

·
Registered
95 Civic DX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imgur can be used for pictures.

Understand that even without vtec enabled/functioning, as long as you have enough oil getting to the valvetrain, its a performance boost everywhere. extra compression, extra airflow, extra gas mileage if you keep your foot out of it a bit!
Thanks I will try and upload some photos tomorrow. The engine does feel stonger. It also seems like it is getting enuf oil to the head, I adjusted the valves and it is much more quite than the d15b7 head. I live in the Mountains of TN and I can leave the car in fifth gear where I was using fourth with the d15b7. I am using a custom basemap made with crome pro right now. I am saving up for a s300, but it will be a little while.

·
Registered
95 Civic DX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked the fuel mileage over 300 miles and got an average of 36mpg. Not bad so far. I am going to save up and get some way to tune myself.

·
Registered
95 Civic DX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. Good read.
Thanks. I have put over 2000 miles on the mini-me. Other than having to get a new set of seals for the injectors that started leaking, it is running great. I am getting a avg of 37 mpg out of the car. Next will be a EX/SI transmission and new clutch. If anyone has a transmission for sale let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts