Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
civic dx
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. first off i have read the rod/main bearings wright upp..
well i just took out my d15b7 to put new bearings and rings in it. only because im boosting it and i wana be safe and to last.. its got 170k miles on the motor and i wana know where i can order some oem honda bearing off the internet.. and howmuch the price would be. i understand matching numbers on the block with the crank.. the last 2 times i have used some acl race bearing in all original d series matching crank ect.. both spun bearings after atleast 500 miles.. im done with "onesize fits all".. i know i could get away with boosting it but im planning on running 13psi stock everything with my t25 street tunned... anyways if i could get some input on where to buy oem bearings that would be sweet...

thanks.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
majestic honda is gonna be the best place to buy oem bearings but for a full set of rods and mains your gonna pay about 225.00 not worth it in my opinion, when you installed your acl's did you plastigage them? and what was your oil clearance? i personaly use king bearings and if i find one thats way out on clearance then ill use a oem one for that journal, you can buy a whole set of king's for about 45 shipped with thrust washers

·
Registered
civic dx
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did plastoguage/ it all seemed ok.. only one was a bit tight but i figured it al alright.. idk if i trust a 1 size fits all. and plasguaging doesnt seem tooo accuate.. hmm maybe a should try a set of king single size... lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts