Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing much research the past year on how to squeeze more out of my b7. So I find out about A6 Cam with Y7 cam gear set up. I also purchased a Z6 intake manifold and throttle body to put it all together. My goal all along was to go N/A since it is my dd. Well I got a hold of a jrsc so now I'm joining the dark side. HEHEHE. Has anybody done this set up and is it a good one or should I just add on the jrsc to my stock b7?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
It should be fun, no doubt. :) just make sure you get a good tune to make the best of everything. What a fun lol dd you will have.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I wouldn't mind jrsc my a6 cam setup.. shoo, I wouldn't mind trading my greddy turbo kit for one.

·
Registered
840 Posts
i want a JRSC so bad for my dd, so hard to find/ to much money i wish someone would trade for all my turbo stuff to :-( i'm in to see how this turns out, get the bitch together!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
The most important points with a supercharged engine with a roots blower are to:-

1) Minimise intake resistance between the outside air and the blower.
2) Increase exhaust side airflow substantially.
3) Cool the charge or run high octane fuel to suppress detonation.
4) Use a cam with minimal valve overlap. This may well be the stock cam.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would recommend an A6 cam. It isn't extreme at all and will make a large difference in power. The D15 cam, stock, sucks for just about everything.
^ what he said the a6 is still a stock cam but a lil higher lift and would help to wake up the b7 a lil with the sc

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I meant the biggest stock cam which it seems is the A6

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, thank you for clarifying the info for me. I can't wait till holidays pass and I can install the set up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my friend has the same set up on his d15b2 with a6 cam with adjustable cam gear, lightweight flywheel and a 6puck clutch with a dc 4-2-1 header with 2" exhaust all the way through to a magnaflow muffler and he uses a 1st gen teggy ecu. and at the track 1/8th of a mile he gets mid 9s to high 10s so its a pretty fast bolt on set up. so you would have fun with it :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts