Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ive been on the forum for a while and havent even posted. ive basically been gathering info for my build. so here is the question does anyone know about a forged rod set for the D15b2 or b3 engines? I think they have the 134mm rod lenght. Any thing besides custom made rods?

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those link i saw but they dont mention about the lenght. I know the D16 and the D15B vtec has the 137 mm lenght rod. But im trying to find rods for the non vtec D15B3 engine. The Lenght is 134mm. Didnt want to go custom. looking for a cheaper solution. Thanks for the links.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok my bad i missed that. Thaks alot. Just so u know a am building a D15b3 which came from the factory as a carb. i have coverted it to fuel injection by changing the dizzy and installing an intake manifold from antother non vtec engine. I want to turbo charge it n see what i cant get out of this lil d. I've got a 94 civic ex.

Parts i have in possesion:

75mm Vitara pistons
Homemade mini ram exhaust manifold
Ebay T3/T4 50trim turbo
Ebay intercooler an piping
HKS blow-off valve
Tial 38mm wastegate
Chipped P28 Ecu Running Chrome
Dsm 440 injectors
NGK 7e Spark plugs

Planning to run 12Psi n see what hp i get out of the engine. its a real budget build and most of those parts are used. its gonna be my dd and anything over 220hp would have me smiling. i just wanted to upgrade the rods cause i know that is a major weak point at those power levels.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Didn't RC or GO-Autoworks crank out sets of forged d15 rods? Give those guys a call as well. They can point you in the right direction.

Correction, it was FJ distributors. They have the d15 rods.

·
Registered
25 Posts
FJ doesn't have the rods, he isn't open anymore. You can get the d15 rods from Hungary though..Do you know what your compression will be with vitaras if you find some d15 rods?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts