Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 1994 Civic Sedan with a D15B3 engine so it is carbureted. Sometimes when I am in the first, second or third gear and I go full throttle, my engine almost die. It should accelerate, but it doesn't. It's like my throttle is completely cut and the engine sounds like it's drowning. What can be the problem? What I have to check first?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fuel economy is good. Maybe it is a ignition problem cause sometimes it starts a bit harder than usual.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,296 Posts
check the timing while youre there

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,296 Posts
no. the mechanical and electrical timing of the engine.

crank and cam at tdc......

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
good fuel economy mixed with dying at full throttle kinda sounds like it is running lean.

Check your fuel filter, check for any fuel leaks or smells, and if you can, spray soapy water around all vacuum lines, and see if there are any spots where it feels like its sucking in the soap/makign it disappear

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good fuel economy mixed with dying at full throttle kinda sounds like it is running lean.

Check your fuel filter, check for any fuel leaks or smells, and if you can, spray soapy water around all vacuum lines, and see if there are any spots where it feels like its sucking in the soap/makign it disappear
The fuel filter is new, I changed it recently. I will look for leaks.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
If there are no leaks of any sort, then it might be as simple as removing the carb from the motor, adn cleaning it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked for major leaks and I didn't see any. I will check again spraying with water and soap. Also, today I noticed that while idle, the car has a little weird vibration and little rpm fluctuations, nothing so serious but they are noticeable.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
DO you have some new vacuum line? Might wanan remove some of them and start spraying some carb cleaner inside areas. ALso a good tiem to see if the lines are rotting away from the inside, and bits and pieces are partially blocking things.

Just spitballing ideas as I see them!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts