Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 ek coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i did some research and alot of questions still come to mind:
Told i could use the y8 headbolts, true or false?
Was told to use a y8 timing belt and adjustable cam gear ,yes?
Wat about the distributor which one do i use?*
Can i use the SI wiring harness or do i need to convert?
How do i go upon setting up the vtec?
Wat else am i missing or need?
Any help will be greatly appreciated ;)

·
Registered
same
1,891 Posts
Obd1? 2? Also don't forget to remove the oil jet in the block. It's in between cylinders 2/3 the deck height is lower on a d15 so try the d15 belt first. I'll see if someone chimes in on the rest. But continue to search as much as you can. Plus throw out some more info as to what you are planning.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
I always thought you can't use a y8 head on a b2 block. But if z6 heads are the same as y8's, then you're ok.

yes, get a adjustable cam gear.

I used a obd1 distributor off a D15b7 on a D16y8.

depending on what intake manifold and fuel injectors you're going to use, you will still need to convert your engine harness. You need a ecu jumper harness to use a p28 ecu.

you can run wires for vtec seperate or add them into your harness when you have it all out n stuff...

·
Registered
99 ek coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ the hoove: Okay i have a crx with a d15b2 in it with an si harness. I also have a y8 head laying around and i was to i could use that to gain a lil more compression and vtec. So my question is wat all do i need to use the y8 head with the d15b2 block?

·
Registered
same
1,891 Posts
Did you do the dpfi to mpfi conversion? If so what mani are you running? The y8 has a tighter quench area than the z6. Not sure if the head will just bolt right up. I know that most d heads are interchangeable so I don't see any issues. There should be a thread on here about slapping a y8 on to a b2. I'll see if I can find it

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,924 Posts
@ the hoove: Okay i have a crx with a d15b2 in it with an si harness. I also have a y8 head laying around and i was to i could use that to gain a lil more compression and vtec. So my question is wat all do i need to use the y8 head with the d15b2 block?
you use 9 a6/b2/b7/z6 headbolts/studs and 1 y series bolt/stud for that, use your stock dizzy will work. find a chipped pm6 or chippable pm6 and tune with turboedit (acidbeaver has a full write up on how to) and be rolling obd0 and have vtec still.

i have done the obd0 y8 mini before

·
Registered
same
1,891 Posts
you use 9 a6/b2/b7/z6 headbolts/studs and 1 y series bolt/stud for that, use your stock dizzy will work. find a chipped pm6 or chippable pm6 and tune with turboedit (acidbeaver has a full write up on how to) and be rolling obd0 and have vtec still.

i have done the obd0 y8 mini before
What he said! Lol! Knew someone would chime in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.