Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the search function and I could not find anything! So I have a 91 civic dx with the stock d15b2 and I got a d16y8 motor for free from a friend. Can a mini me be composed of a d15b2 and a d16y8 head?

I was thinking:
d15b2 block
d16y8 head
d16z6 dizzy
obo 0 to obo 1
dpfi to mpfi

Can this work? Let me know what else is needed and if something in my equation is wrong?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Someone correct me if im wrong but I beleive the a6 dizzy will work on the y8 but the z6 has one mounting post thats off..? Pretty sure thats right because I have an 87 teg mechanical dizzy on a carbed y7 block y8 head. I started to do the b2/y8 like this but the y7 just fell in my hands lol.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
Someone correct me if im wrong but I beleive the a6 dizzy will work on the y8 but the z6 has one mounting post thats off..? Pretty sure thats right because I have an 87 teg mechanical dizzy on a carbed y7 block y8 head. I started to do the b2/y8 like this but the y7 just fell in my hands lol.
Yes but he's going OBD-1 conversion. OBD-1 = Needs OBD-1 Distributor

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Just buy a B7 dizzy and save the trouble. Make a conversion harness from junkyard parts or buy one and be done.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if I use a A6 dizzy I can run obd 0? what ecu options do I have? b16 out of a jdm crx? any other ecu's availible?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks! Well I was gonna go obd 1 because I didnt know that I could do obd 0! I might just go obd 0....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
a6 dizzy works with 0bd0...
but I thought someone above said you was going 0bd1?
but aside from that..

a b16 ecu works...even out of an integra...
but if your staying 0bd0...just get a 90-91 civic/crx pm6 ecu
PM6 won't activate VTEC. Either find a OBD-0 VTEC ECU or just go OBD-1 and use a P28.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
3,888 Posts
you can chip a obd0 ps9 (90 lx auto ecu) and run 1 wire vtec from that. ive heard some ppl saying you can do the same with a pm6 but have yet to confirm that one.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
you can chip a obd0 ps9 (90 lx auto ecu) and run 1 wire vtec from that. ive heard some ppl saying you can do the same with a pm6 but have yet to confirm that one.
You can do it to a PM6, but you need to get the parts from a PS9 to convert it. I only know because I looking into doing it.\

Also the PS9 is the `90-`91 EX auto ECU, not the LX ecu.

To go OBD-1 you would need a B7 distributor, P28 ECU, conversion harness, and VTEC wireing along with doing the DPFI to MPFI swap and buying a OBD-0 to OBD-1 conversion harness.

Or you can just buy a harness from Rywire and not have to do any wireing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts