Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a LSI civic with a d15b2 in it. New motor just broken in. I start the car and drive fine with it, it revs fine, drives fine. But as soon as it gets warm the car sputters on a cruise throtle. Let´s say I´m on a ave driving with 15% throtle and all of the sudden it loses power like it´s runing out of gas. Then if I give it little gas more like 25% throtle lets say, it sputters really bad and almost dies. But then if I give it WOT it drives good.
THis is what I looked into and havent solved it. I changed the TPS and adjusted it. I changed the fuel filter, spark plugs and wires are new, fuel pump is 7 months old. I resodered the fuel pump main relay and it look fairly new too. I opend the dizzy and cleaned every thing inside, I´m getting good strong spark. Cleaned ICAV, I clamped the MAP line and the car died. I checked the upper throtle ( the automatic one) and it seems fine. I checked the Intake temp sensor.

I´ve heard the posibility of it being the oxygen sensor. Some one told me it only starts working wonce the engine is warm. But how do I check a 1 wire oxygen sensor to see if it is working properly?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
90 civic hatch
86 Posts
the b7 most likely wont plug in, it has the extra sensor for mpfi, but I believe all the other sensors would read the same, Have no idea if it would bolt up tho.

·
Registered
90 civic hatch
86 Posts
Went thru and re read everything. It seems as tho anytime the car goes into closed loop it has the problem. wot it, or cycle the key to put it back in open loop, runs fine. try jus unplugging the o2 sensor, force it to open loop full time. see if the problem changes

·
Registered
crx
1,450 Posts
b2 dizzy is totally differnt wont work. oil in dizzy will fuck up everything make it stall. clean it out see how it works. check resistance at coil when hot with both leads uninstalled. how many miles since rebuild. the b2 ive been using for the last month took almost 2k miles for the rings to seat. i would lose compression at higher rpm. go easy on it. maybe see if you can find a b2 dizzy to switch out. i know easier said than done.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok this is where I´m at. I noticed that the car is chocking out. That´s why it bogs at low rpms. So i called my dad and he told me to check if the temp sender was good cuz the ecu could be thinking the car was cold still and be sending a ton of fuel. I jumped the temp sender at the termostat housing and nothing happend, just the fan turned on. Then I jumped the temp sender under the dizzy and it looks like it solved the problem. Any ideas? could this really be it? thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts