Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Civic h/b
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, after having read the hole D15Beast8 of trans I thougt doing this to but when I realized that the piston comes out and you have to redone the hole head, I've searched for something easier to do. I discuss of this on another forum (in french) and somebody suggests to use PMS piston with the VX's rods. My bloc is ready to be oversezed and my paypal account ready to buy rod and piston. So please I need straight answer!! Thanx!! :beer:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
PMS on VX rods not even worth the effort.

using Z6/Y8 HG only 10:1 compression

Your D15B2 using same Z6/Y8 HG, shaved .020" (.5mm) would have the same compression ratio.

How worn is your block that your already planning having it bored?

Why do you think the whole head has to be redone? The B2/B7/A6 head has an open chamber design that will allow the piston to come above deck. Myself, I want to test milling the dome off a PM7/P29 which with VX rods would be about 11.5:1 compression, perfect for street/daily driver duties.

·
Registered
'93 Civic h/b
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah ok, sorry my bad. But like I said, I don't want to mill the piston or doing a big custom job because I'm searching for reliability. And I don't like the idea of a thick gasket... that I really don't know where to find it tho. Anyway, I'm really thinking of simply put P29/PM7 piston and milling the head for about 1.5mm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts