Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am doing a motor for a dirt track civic 91 2dr.hatchback 5 speed l3 or sl3,,d15b2 block p29 piston,intake swap,pm7 ecu,d16a6 cam,ajustebale cam gear,header 4-1,connecting rod litgh and polish from a d16y8 and a crankshaft from a d15b bigger jor. for the rod a light flywheel for rev. fast how much hp should i get with this setup and is this a good setup for dirt track racing 1/4 mile track on a 2 gear thanks respond from every one please if there is some mestake sorry i am french thanks

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
original poster stated he was going to a D15B VETC crank, so he'd be running the longer D16 rods, extra .118" in rod length is a issue.

P29's into a D15 is not worth the effort, it only bumps the compression by .2, about the same as just installing the thinner Z6/Y8 head gasket.

Milling the head on a D15 is the cheapest/easiest way to bump compression.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
original poster stated he was going to a D15B VETC crank, so he'd be running the longer D16 rods, extra .118" in rod length is a issue.

P29's into a D15 is not worth the effort, it only bumps the compression by .2, about the same as just installing the thinner Z6/Y8 head gasket.

Oh ok i must have misread the part about the vtec crank. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how many hore power should i get and average ideal i no i will be rev. it hight in 2 gear that is wy the longuer rod stays in top dead center longuer and bottom to thanks for reply is it a good setup

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I am building a B2 motor right now... 76mm p29's...... Thats it and then I will be done with this car.... more hp??? hell yeah... More compression??? Obviously

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
i understand his english grammer isn't the best atleast he's trying. that's more i can say for some of ya. try going to a french forum and see if you can survive.(nothing towards you Bone, just speakin in general) so let give this man some D-series love and show ppl around the world we're not all dicks.(we'll i'm a prick. lol) we need D-series to dominate the globe. just like i plot everynight. lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much hp should i get from my setup thanks guys sorry about my english you should get a spell check on the bottom so we can check the word if it,s ok sorry again

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Hey I'm from Canada took french my whole life in school and still can only use it to pick up women and order drinks at the bar!
Anyway's every engine is different and testing on a dynopak is good way to find out your whp.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts

I am also going to deck the block before final assembly to make sure that the p29's are right at the top of the cylinders....

·
Banned
3,566 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
were i live there is not to much i live in north part of province so we got to order and buy stuff from the state we cant even find nothing good at a junk yard my d15b crank is comming from ontario canada 12 hr. from were i live that wey i need about how much hore should i get ???estimate if somebody did this setup day will no thanks

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Ha,ha! Hooked on Phonics FTW!
in my case T, hookers on phonics worked for me. lol.

well look at Don(SOHCinWA) sig. but then again don has webbers on his car. so, it'll be different. every set up acts a bit different. you need to take in account many things. a basic set up can give you anywhere from 125bhp-145bhp. it all depends on all the right parts you put together.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
one more thing guys wat is the best head non vtec sohc i no in my 350 sbc i race in my nova 1970 dirt tracki run the big valve 202 wat is the best for the d15b2 thanks the french canadain

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
one more thing guys wat is the best head non vtec sohc i no in my 350 sbc i race in my nova 1970 dirt tracki run the big valve 202 wat is the best for the d15b2 thanks the french canadain
look at my brother track lots of action my brother run #55 me #30 my driver my brother inlaw i got a back injury (web site is www.speedy-dundee.com) tell me wat do you think

1 - 20 of 21 Posts