Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought it 3 weeks ago but I got a good enough deal on it to where I figured I could have the mechanics fixed and still not have spent to much on the car. It's on 89 Hatch DX, 127,000 miles. Here is the prob, I have no tach but pretty high in the rpms, I'd guess around 4500, it misses like crazy I mean shakes the car to it's core. Also if you let the rpms die quickly like if you are on the interstate and push in the clutch to just coast down the off ramp then it will just die. Seems like if you go down through gears before you stop, like let the rpms come down slowly then it will stop and idle fine. Other than that it runs great. Any suggestions of things to try? Sorry I am new to the Honda world and don't really know where to start. I just ordered the front end swap kit from password with the carbond fiber hood, lip, and skirts and I want to get the car running perfect before the parts get here. No sense in having a sweet front on a car that barley runs. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Damn you payed all that money from Password jdm for the front end conversion... That means you can afford a JDM d15b from my buddy "Drew95EG" that will solve all your problems and give you a nice bump in horsepower..
It could be a alot of things.. If it is still dual point injection it could be a really clogged injector or fuel filter, that is almost what it sounds like to me. Maybe check you tps, or map sensor..

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
projectREX said:
is the cheak engine lite on... has it had a complete tune up..

Check engine light is on. No I haven't done a tune up yet. I don't drive it but this weekend I was going to do a tuneup on it. I just wanted to know what else to check besides the regular spark plugs, wires, filter, and such since this is the first Honda for me.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts