Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 civic hatchback that a couple of years ago I put a d15b2 motor in it from hmotorsonline. It's been great. It's completely stock and I'm getting great fuel mileage and doesn't use any oil. The car is in rough shape and I have friend with an 1988 civic hatchback with a D15B1. The car is in excellent shape, but burns a lot of oil. I am thinking of buying his car and swapping the motors and selling mine. I would like to keep the intake and fuel injection setup on my motor and just drop it in. From what I have read, i will need to swap the ECU as well, but I am wondering if the wiring harness is much different. Anyone know what might be involved here?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
look into WHY there is a power difference, even though they LOOK to be identical motors.

Its not worth the effort.

buy your buddy's car, and convert it to OBD1 with a new wiring harness and P06 ecu

that will give you quite a bit more than the d15b1's factory 70-ish horsepower, just from getting an OBD1 intake and brain running it.

you wont get much money for either motor. Ive paid $20 for a non-oil burning d15b2 over 10 years ago. considering they are so cheap to refresh and keep running, just keep your d15b2 as a spare

if you do really wanna make some beer money, gimme opne of those motors cheap. Ill gut it out and make it my computer case/coffee table for my new apartment lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really just want to use drivetrain since I know it's reliable. Power is not an issue for me on this car. I'll just put the D15B1 in my current car in hopes of selling it as a running car. I suppose I could also put the intake from his motor on mine before I install it. Thanks for replying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts