Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to swaps and need some help so any help is appreciated.
I have a '90 civic with a d15b2 with dpfi. I want to swap it with an mpfi intake off of a d15b7. I want to everything i need and how to do it.
I know i need an obd1 ecu
a conversation harness for the ecu
and im not sure what all else. My big question is how to wire in the injectors in.
again any help is appreciated

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,283 Posts
Im new to swaps and need some help so any help is appreciated.
I have a '90 civic with a d15b2 with dpfi. I want to swap it with an mpfi intake off of a d15b7. I want to everything i need and how to do it.
I know i need an obd1 ecu
a conversation harness for the ecu
and im not sure what all else. My big question is how to wire in the injectors in.
again any help is appreciated
I don't get it .

seriously the fuck ...

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,454 Posts
must. resist. urge. to. post. my. famous. meme.
this will have to do for now

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i have the swap done. The car runs but i have to give it gas to keep it running. The ecu is flashing codes 1, 4, 5, and ,14. Im not sure what to do now

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
did you look up what those codes mean? That is a lot of codes for "a swap done"

make sure MAP sensor is using right plug. There is a good chance you swapped with TPS.

Did you reverse the TPS wiring? this entirely depends on how you went about the swap

you need to update us with how you did your swap, what gudie you may have followed, etc..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,454 Posts
try a new dizzy

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
it is possible you received the incorrect distributor.

loosen the 3 mounting bolts of the distributor only enough to get rotation (should still be snug though).

Fire it up at different points. make only little changes. If that effects how it runs a great deal, you may need to retime it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didnt use a resistor box because i used obd1 injectors. I just wired them straight to the ecu. And i tried moving the distributor back and forth with no effect.

I came across a thread of a guy with the same problem. (Car wouldnt start or run unless he fed it gas) he was told to change out the ecu for an obd1 ecu (since he had installed an obd1 distributor, like me). Any way he did that and his problem went away.

So i did the same thing. I installed a jumper harness, a p05 ecu and a 4 wire 02 sensor. Now the car starts and runs fine but its throughing code 9, cylinder position sensor (which i have no idea what to do about), and code 41, the 02 sensor.

The sensor i bought is a bosch universal one.... i didnt realize how many people have problems with these until i looked up for to wire it into the jumper harness.

The sensor has 4 wires. A black one, a grey one, and two white ones. And the instructions for the jumper harness instructions said the black wire was for signal, the green was ground, the brown was for power, and the white was heater.

I have the brown and white wires on the harness hooked up to the two white wires on the sensor, i have the green wire from the harness hooked up to the grey wire on the sensor, and i have the black wire from the harness hooked up to the black wire one the sensor. I looked up all the info i could on the bosch sensor wire location but i probably still wired it wrong. Again all the help is appreciated

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok i have a denso sensor ordered, it should be here some time next week. Beerdrinkin, By chance do you know which wire is which? (Signal, power, ground, etc.)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also on note on the code 9, cylinder position sensor, i didnt have it when i was running my obd0 ecu but also the car wouldn't start or run. Any ideas?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update on that code 9, i have tired to reset the ecu several times. Taking out the fuse and pulling off the negitive terminal on the battery. Still have the code 9

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got my denso sensor and hooked it up, reset the ecu and checked all my wiring again. I still have the code 9 and 41.

I was looking over my jumper harness wiring directions and apparently this harness is for a vtec car. The harness jas a wire that goes to the vtec solenoid and one that goes to the vtec pressure switch. My car is not vtec and my ecu is not vtec. Could these wires not being hooked up be why im getting codes? And is there anything i can do with them?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts