Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup, this is not my engine or setup. Doing this for a friend....he has a 91 civic 4door...dudes in love with the car...he just broke a water pump, and drove like that fucked his head all up he said. I have a D16Y7 head laying around, told him $20 its his. Will this head bolt to that block? and can he just use his stock head studs..He isnt boosting....no High cr...nothing like that..Just wants this replacement head...and hope to gain a few if any Hp. basicly wanna make sure it will run and has anyone does this before to give me some helpfull hints to speed this up.....I searched, I couldnt find anything, I found one gay saying he wanted to do this...but of course 90 people said it was dumb and gay and couldnt boost yada yada...this isnt for high power..hes used to 70hp in that b2. any help woul dbe cool...thanks

i rep.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
word.will the old dizzy work? if not do u kno whichone he needs?

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
sup, this is not my engine or setup. Doing this for a friend....he has a 91 civic 4door...dudes in love with the car...he just broke a water pump, and drove like that fucked his head all up he said. I have a D16Y7 head laying around, told him $20 its his. Will this head bolt to that block? and can he just use his stock head studs..He isnt boosting....no High cr...nothing like that..Just wants this replacement head...and hope to gain a few if any Hp. basicly wanna make sure it will run and has anyone does this before to give me some helpfull hints to speed this up.....I searched, I couldnt find anything, I found one gay saying he wanted to do this...but of course 90 people said it was dumb and gay and couldnt boost yada yada...this isnt for high power..hes used to 70hp in that b2. any help woul dbe cool...thanks

i rep.

No, he's used to 92hp with that d15b2. No 4th gen sedan came with a d15b1, only STD hatchbacks did.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use this combo.

One head bolt will have to be taken from the y7, the upper rad hose fitting will have to be taken on the b2 head, as well as the dizzy. He'll have to take the oil jet out of the block. I don't know for stock HG, but with an aftermarket unit I had to use 91 octane gas, and it's not even enough under very heavy loads... Y7 T-belt has to be used. I know that the stock gasket is MLS and is, theorically, reusable, but I strongly recomend he buys a brand new one (aftermarket, if he feels like it), especially if the engine has had overheating problems! Redoing the whole job just because of a leaking headgasket really does suck...

Slight power increase should be felt! But nothing incredible, really.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anyone tell me what head I can put on my 1992 Honda Civic DX with 5 spd and D15B7 engine? I want to do a MiniMe with it and cannot find the right head to use. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use this combo.

One head bolt will have to be taken from the y7, the upper rad hose fitting will have to be taken on the b2 head, as well as the dizzy. He'll have to take the oil jet out of the block. I don't know for stock HG, but with an aftermarket unit I had to use 91 octane gas, and it's not even enough under very heavy loads... Y7 T-belt has to be used. I know that the stock gasket is MLS and is, theorically, reusable, but I strongly recomend he buys a brand new one (aftermarket, if he feels like it), especially if the engine has had overheating problems! Redoing the whole job just because of a leaking headgasket really does suck...

Slight power increase should be felt! But nothing incredible, really.

woooord...what intake manifold did you use? and does the B2 have 4injectors stock? i havent even looked at it yet,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts