Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my names myles im new to this forum but not new to cars . i have a 99 ex but i jus blew my y8 and i got a d15b1 FOR FREE! my question is (yes i have searched) can i put the d15 in with the y8 tranny. from the searches i have seen people ask about y8 tranny into the ef chassis but i just want to put the d15 into the ek chassis.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
It will bolt right in. Y8 tranny on ef? A lot of work converting it to hydro just drop D15 in there will be slower if just stock though.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
It will bolt right in. Y8 tranny on ef? A lot of work converting it to hydro just drop D15 in there will be slower if just stock though.
He is putting the EF motor into his EK chassis, no hydro mods required.

I just don't know why you would want a b1 in that car, do you at least plan on using your intake? That will help wake it up a little.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is putting the EF motor into his EK chassis, no hydro mods required.

I just don't know why you would want a b1 in that car, do you at least plan on using your intake? That will help wake it up a little.
im just putting it in there so i can drive while i rebuild the y8 . yes i switched out the dpfi manifold for my y8 manifold.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
That make sense built sohc are way fun!

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
why not do a whole mini-me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts