Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta another question. Just like in my other thread, I have been planning to rebuild my d15b2 and boost it. WELL, upon closer examination today I noticed the motor in the hatch is a B1 not a B2 like thought. The question is does everyhting for a b2 work with a b1. I mean like, rebuild kits, manifolds, tranny, etc. I want to pick upa rebuild kit for the b2 and use it on the b1. Also a turbo kit for b2 but on the b1. Please let me know if this can still work. As stated in my other thread, I am not doing any swaps. The only swap I would do is for a b2 but ONLY if the b1 can't accept the parts.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
i believe they are the same for the most part, i have a hatch and crx and have always just interchanged parts on them with no problem. I would actually like to know the difference between the two myself

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I believe it's either the cam or ECU (or both) that are different.

B1 is rated at like 70hp. B2 is rated at like 92hp.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Pretty much the same motor, I believe the B1 has a restrictor on it to limit it to 70 HP, not the 93 the DX has. But who cares, they all need to be converted to MPFI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rebuilding a D15B1

Hey everyone, I'm taking on a rebuild project, never done one before. Anything I should know? My D15B1 has 85psi, 0, 0, and 145 psi. Do I have to overbore or can I order my rebuild it with standard sizes? (rather not pay more $$ to have it overbored, so please, no opinions as to which is better, simply do I need to. i.e. do the engines typically get so worn that it's necessary, or if I just hone what I have will it be ok with standard equipment)
Or should I wait till it's disassembled and measure it?
Also, as I understand, the b2 ad b1 differ only in that the b1 is restricted to 70hp, can this restriction be removed?

Thanks for any help.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Start a new thread instead of bringing back something almost two years old. You need to have a leak test done. Most times when you get 0PSI readings froma compression test, valves are messed up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts