Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,997 Posts
Start with a Y8 cam gear, and head gasket to account for the cam timing issue due to the 5 mm difference in block deck height. Sorry but I have no idea on the timing belt's and such.

D15B1 to D15Beast7, should be a thread hear about it. The build equaled my numbers.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,997 Posts
The A6/B1 cam gear has timing markings for both 1.5 & 1.6 deck heights. Not sure why the Y8 cam gear is needed.
because it does matter for the 1/2 tooth cam timing error.

But what do I know about it.....I'm the one who discovered it, and dynoed it in Sept 1999.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,997 Posts
The Y7/Y8 cam gear is timing for the 1.6 deck height and flat with the head like a 1.5L The 1.5 and 1.6L marks on the Pm3B cam gear are one tooth apart or 10mm, neither mark will correct the 5mm/half tooth cam timing issue.

Honda in 1988 did use 1.5L timing marks for the 1.6: as the cam was ground on a different centerline, why the 88 Si got 105 chp rating.

Honda changed so much little items on the 88-91 Production EF's it is mind boggling. 22mm vs 24mm crank snouts, different clutch splines and diameters. Different drilling for oil supply holes on the countershaft and mainshaft....89 CRX HF was an 88 Lightweight chassis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts