Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my D16 motor is about done for. i am looking at buying a jdm d15b with the 5 speed tranny and the P08 ecu. Puting my turbo on all the same time? then maybe rebuild the d16 over time? what do you guys think?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yep, swap the d15b in there and slap the turbo stuff on. As long as you already have everything converted to obd1 you should be good to go. As far as the d16 goes, it depends on which d16 youre talking about. If its a z6 I would definately save it and build it as time/funds permit.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just wanted to know if the p08 was a better computer if not then i will not wast my money. i just want to get the most power out of the motor i can. what computer will be best for the turbo? i will tune the computer but not right way.

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
i just wanted to know if the p08 was a better computer if not then i will not wast my money. i just want to get the most power out of the motor i can. what computer will be best for the turbo? i will tune the computer but not right way.
your not goning to leave the ecu stock anyway so it dosent really matter chip the p28 on crome tune it

·
Registered
283 Posts
i have used bot p28 and p08, their was no diffrence in performance, use a p28

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
actually u are incorrect a p08 has a more aggressve map and runs the d15b better, it being japanese and all.

the p08 is harder to chip than the p28 so if u are going boost get a p28

·
Registered
283 Posts
Im not incorrect, The po8 may have a slightly more agressive map due to camshaft, But under the pedal you will feel absolutely no diffrence whatsover. I had both in my car for an extended time with the same mods. I dont care what you read on the computer i have been their done that

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
Im not incorrect, The po8 may have a slightly more agressive map due to camshaft, But under the pedal you will feel absolutely no diffrence whatsover. I had both in my car for an extended time with the same mods. I dont care what you read on the computer i have been their done that
just because you dont feel a difference doesnt mean there isnt a difference...

screw the d15 and go with a z6 or a zc vtec.. your tq curve will thank you

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well i dont know how you guys feel but 2-3 hp isnt shit to me, Nothing to even talk about. You wont even see a .1 diffrence in your et from that, You can keep the 2-3 hp, You would feel a bigger diffrence taking the passenger out of your car. Go with z6

·
Registered
106 Posts
Whys everyone seem to be hating on the d15b? Its a great alternative to the z6, revs better, uses essentially the same parts, and has just as much power out of the box.

·
Registered
20 Posts
does anybody relize that the d15b is a jdm vtec motor it is the jap version of the z6. I had been running a p28 with that exact motor before i sold that car and the ecu was chipped with a skunk 2 chip and i found a huge difference than the p08 evan with out the chip

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
it isnt the "jap version" of the z6.. the zc vtec is... all it shares is the same head casting and thats it
skunk 2 doesnt make a chip for that motor, thats why you saw such a huge difference
imo the d15 is equivalent to a b16 where as a z6 or the like is equivalent to a b18c...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
imo the d15 is equivalent to a b16 where as a z6 or the like is equivalent to a b18c...
so u are kinda saying if i pull up beside and integra running the b18 and i am in my 93 hatch with the z6 we will run relativly close? i figured the integra would pull on me for sure. or am i mis understanding what your saying?

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Wth are you people smoking arguing over NOTHING! If you already have an ex, it has a p28 ecu so dont WASTE YOUR MONEY buying a p08 ecu. Take the money you saved and go buy a book. Drop in a D15B, use your existing o2, boost it, tune it and build a z6 on the side. When the time comes, swap it out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts