Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got it running yesterday and it smells like its running rich and i got a cel i got the code for the iacv its surging from 1400 to 1700 it only does it when i am in neutral when i get it in gear it runs not good but it runs. I havent been running it at all cause i want to get the cel fixed i am getting some more codes i am just wondering if the iacv will make more codes go off and what could make it surge like that?

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
why would a p28 make it run rich?
different fuel map from the P08. 1.6 vs 1.5. When I had my P28 unmodified it would take forever to warm up in the mornings from running so rich. running in limp mode I'd suspect it would run even richer due to the o2 not compensating.

·
Registered
95 civic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the guy i bought the car from said he chipped it out it had a d16z6 in the car well the motor fuked up so i put the d15 in it do you know how to chip it out?

·
Registered
95 civic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
probably a stupid question but what happen if i left it alone without chipping

·
Registered
95 civic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just one more ? my iavc i cleaned it today and its still good but my cel keeps going off and my car keeps throughing out that code out. On the two connectors on the bottem of it do i plug the one on the right do you think it will fix it?

·
Registered
95 civic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the reason i ask is on one of the connectors its to a coolant line i think not sure thats what my friend told me and he helped me with the swap so should the iacv have the coolant going into it cause that goes into my intake manifold.So should it be there or should i change them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts