Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D15B with 3 stage vtec - ECU help needed - being installed in a classic Mini - no smog required - which ECU should I use? Ive spent a couple hours searching the forum and have prob seen P28 w P08 mapping - but nothing definitive on the 3-stage vtec - Thanks everyone

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
I am not very knowledgable on the 3 stage vtec, but I would imagine a P75 is a better route for an OBD1 ecu. It will have single stage vtec and butterfly control for its intake runners (base car for that ecu is a USDM acura integra GSR).

Then I believe people were using the EGR or Purge valve circuit to operate the 3rd stage.

You may want to look into using various relays to control the functions. Perhaps an rpm switch, throttle position switch, etc..

This is going to be a bit tough to figure out, as so few people use the 3 stage in projects. many end up swapping to a single stage d15b vtec head, which is very close to the USDM d16z6 heads, but has a better camshaft setup. whether timing or actual lobe profile, I do not know.

I would expand your searches to other sites. Some of the other honda sites that get a lot more trafficmight have more information on this odd little swap.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts