Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just ordered a d15b with tranny off hmotors for my 93' del sol si (z6). My car has a ton of miles and I'm a jdm fanatic which is why I ordered it. What I need to know is what else do I need for this engine to go into my car? hoses, ecu, what? Noob question so go easy on me, did some searching but didn't really find what I was looking for. Thanks.

Reactions: Speedjunky01

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
p08 ECU or ship your current p28 ecu and run a p08 map on it.

other then that its plug and go!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k thanks for your help! I hate honda-tech.

·
Registered
166 Posts
p28 will work for your motor.

just drop it in and use your existing wiring, hoses, etc. you might need to change your IM though, since some z6 IM had an extra hose on the back and some didn't, so if your d15b IM is identical to your z6 IM, then you dont need to worry.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I know the p28 will work, but I want it to run the best it can and i guess the vtec maps are different? sooo...it wouldnt run to well?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
well I know the p28 will work, but I want it to run the best it can and i guess the vtec maps are different? sooo...it wouldnt run to well?
Ive comapred the two bins on www.pgmfi.org

thay are fairly diffferent maps for the two engine. I would have to say the lower displacement and lower lift/higher duration cam.

just head over to pgmfi.org and compare the maps for yourself. they are different.

·
Registered
HONDA
368 Posts
i recently did one of these swaps for a buddy , hes running a p28 computer and it runs sweet VTEC works good , i even got lucky with the VTEC wiring his was a 1992 DX so the cabin harness is prewired for VTEC just had to add some pins to the harness . also you gotta use your stock O2 sensor the D15b will come with a one-wire sensor , you can only use the one-wire O2 if you use a P08 ECU. i would prolly just send out your stock PO6 computer and have it chipped with a P08 map . any quesions just message me

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
only problem is my car is daily driven so I'm doing the swap in one day...

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
only problem is my car is daily driven so I'm doing the swap in one day...
get as much prep work as humanly possible done. have the JDM engine ready to go in with the timing belt and other BS replaced.

deff not imposible to do the swap in a day. do it around christmas some days off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well getting it done in a day shouldnt be a problem at all, my friend is helping me and he works at honda as a tech...if we cant take one d out and put the other one in in a day then we suck ass

·
Registered
97 Posts
1 day is easy and it can still be done right in one day.. with no prob. My current record is 2 1/2 hours to pull and install and drive off.. And the car still runs with know problems to this day. And just use the p28 ecu it works great with the d15b vtec. Ive done it. And if your in a hurry and you dont have a p28 the p06 will work just fine till you get one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts